Thread: Aussie style "Buyback" bill intro'd to Congress

Aussie style "Buyback" bill intro'd to Congress

http://thehill.com/regulation/263632...-buy-your-guns

Hilldog said it, and by God, they're going to try, even if it will fail.

http://payne.house.gov/sites/payne.h...ct_of_2015.pdf

Can you imagine what will happen if she gets into office? We'll look back at the Obonehead administrations flurry of Executive BS and think it wasn't so bad after all!
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Banned
    As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms...
    In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.
    from OP linked story

I would use that money to pay my mortgage and then use my mortgage money to buy more guns and sell those and continue until I got $360 million, about $100 million in profit.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms...
    In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.
    from OP linked story

I would use that money to pay my mortgage and then use my mortgage money to buy more guns and sell those and continue until I got $360 million, about $100 million in profit.
    That's if you could buy more guns

And who determines market value
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-19-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

I like the whole "black market" value idea. If they are illegal to buy then the only market would be the "black market"

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

The lack of research and critical thinking and blind hatred of freedom is astounding. Just a modicum of effort shows that these extreme Democrat/Bloombergian "gun control" policies that they admire in other countries is complete bunk. The most elementary historical analysis makes it obvious that "gun control" either increases violent crime or does nothing to stop it. Australia's "gun violence" rate has gone up since the mass shooting and subsequent change in laws. The UK had an even lower "gun violence" rate before they enacted "gun control". They had no "gun control" until 1920, and very little until the 60's. You can do the same exercise with any 1st world nation for which decent statistics are available. Joyce Lee Malcolm and others have papers on it. This shows that an extreme gun hater has a mental illness or a Hitlerian lust to rule others.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

Not buy ... build.

Not buy ... build.

David your thinking is fine as long as they don't outlaw all that actively also.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

[ ... ] the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms... [ ... ]
    Someone has not been following Kelo v. City of New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005) and eminent domain. The Fifth Amendment requires just compensation for a taking. Until Kelo that meant market value, the valuation of a willing owner-seller. After Kelo, market value became whatever the government deemed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v..._of_New_London
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminen...#United_States
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    The lack of research and critical thinking and blind hatred of freedom is astounding. Just a modicum of effort shows that these extreme Democrat/Bloombergian "gun control" policies that they admire in other countries is complete bunk. The most elementary historical analysis makes it obvious that "gun control" either increases violent crime or does nothing to stop it. Australia's "gun violence" rate has gone up since the mass shooting and subsequent change in laws. The UK had an even lower "gun violence" rate before they enacted "gun control". They had no "gun control" until 1920, and very little until the 60's. You can do the same exercise with any 1st world nation for which decent statistics are available. Joyce Lee Malcolm and others have papers on it. This shows that an extreme gun hater has a mental illness or a Hitlerian lust to rule others.
    I like Joyce Lee Malcolm. In the late 1800's, almost every English gentleman carried a firearm. More so than anywhere in the "wild west" apparently. Crime in England at the time was almost non-existent. As more and more gun control laws were passed over the decades, they got more and more crime. Therefore, one can only assume that the right to keep and bear arms in England actually became a victim of its own success.
    To this day, people in the US think of England as the green and pleasant place with no crime. And people in the UK think there's bullets flying everywhere in the US constantly. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Banned
    I wish that they would just pass a Katrina-style confiscation ... lets get this settled.

Debit/prepaid credit card that, when it is time to use it, will have (show) a zero balance.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I wish that they would just pass a Katrina-style confiscation ... lets get this settled.
    That would likely create an epidemic of acute lead poisoning.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    I like Joyce Lee Malcolm. In the late 1800's, almost every English gentleman carried a firearm. More so than anywhere in the "wild west" apparently. Crime in England at the time was almost non-existent. As more and more gun control laws were passed over the decades, they got more and more crime. Therefore, one can only assume that the right to keep and bear arms in England actually became a victim of its own success.
    To this day, people in the US think of England as the green and pleasant place with no crime. And people in the UK think there's bullets flying everywhere in the US constantly. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    The violent crime rate per capita in the UK is 2.71 times the violent crime rate per capita here in the U.S.. It didn't used to be that way. Back before they banned the private ownership of firearms, it used to be on par with the crime rate here in the U.S.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.