• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aussie style "Buyback" bill intro'd to Congress

davidmcbeth

Banned
As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms...
In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.
from OP linked story

I would use that money to pay my mortgage and then use my mortgage money to buy more guns and sell those and continue until I got $360 million, about $100 million in profit.

Firearms Iinstuctor

As part of Payne's $360 million gun buyback initiative, the Justice Department would pay gun owners a premium of 25 percent more than the market value of their firearms...
In return, the gun owners would receive a debit card they could use to purchase anything other than more guns and ammunition.
from OP linked story

I would use that money to pay my mortgage and then use my mortgage money to buy more guns and sell those and continue until I got $360 million, about $100 million in profit.

That's if you could buy more guns

And who determines market value

Last edited:

77zach

The lack of research and critical thinking and blind hatred of freedom is astounding. Just a modicum of effort shows that these extreme Democrat/Bloombergian "gun control" policies that they admire in other countries is complete bunk. The most elementary historical analysis makes it obvious that "gun control" either increases violent crime or does nothing to stop it. Australia's "gun violence" rate has gone up since the mass shooting and subsequent change in laws. The UK had an even lower "gun violence" rate before they enacted "gun control". They had no "gun control" until 1920, and very little until the 60's. You can do the same exercise with any 1st world nation for which decent statistics are available. Joyce Lee Malcolm and others have papers on it. This shows that an extreme gun hater has a mental illness or a Hitlerian lust to rule others.

qednick

The lack of research and critical thinking and blind hatred of freedom is astounding. Just a modicum of effort shows that these extreme Democrat/Bloombergian "gun control" policies that they admire in other countries is complete bunk. The most elementary historical analysis makes it obvious that "gun control" either increases violent crime or does nothing to stop it. Australia's "gun violence" rate has gone up since the mass shooting and subsequent change in laws. The UK had an even lower "gun violence" rate before they enacted "gun control". They had no "gun control" until 1920, and very little until the 60's. You can do the same exercise with any 1st world nation for which decent statistics are available. Joyce Lee Malcolm and others have papers on it. This shows that an extreme gun hater has a mental illness or a Hitlerian lust to rule others.

I like Joyce Lee Malcolm. In the late 1800's, almost every English gentleman carried a firearm. More so than anywhere in the "wild west" apparently. Crime in England at the time was almost non-existent. As more and more gun control laws were passed over the decades, they got more and more crime. Therefore, one can only assume that the right to keep and bear arms in England actually became a victim of its own success.
To this day, people in the US think of England as the green and pleasant place with no crime. And people in the UK think there's bullets flying everywhere in the US constantly. Nothing could be further from the truth.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I like Joyce Lee Malcolm. In the late 1800's, almost every English gentleman carried a firearm. More so than anywhere in the "wild west" apparently. Crime in England at the time was almost non-existent. As more and more gun control laws were passed over the decades, they got more and more crime. Therefore, one can only assume that the right to keep and bear arms in England actually became a victim of its own success.
To this day, people in the US think of England as the green and pleasant place with no crime. And people in the UK think there's bullets flying everywhere in the US constantly. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The violent crime rate per capita in the UK is 2.71 times the violent crime rate per capita here in the U.S.. It didn't used to be that way. Back before they banned the private ownership of firearms, it used to be on par with the crime rate here in the U.S.