• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FDA looking at tanning booths .... this seems wrong

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Their goal is to regulate the sun. The FDA refuses to be outdone by the EPA. EPA regulating carbon dioxide is child's play to regulating the sun.....And the USSC will be happy to accommodate agency rule.

nonameisgood

The tanning industry has been killing people for years and they have proven to be irresponsible. FDA can probably claim domain because the booths are a potentially dangerous radiation-producing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom1Man

The tanning industry has been killing people for years and they have proven to be irresponsible. FDA can probably claim domain because the booths are a potentially dangerous radiation-producing machine.

The FDA will be coming after cell phones next?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

nonameisgood

There is no credible research showing that the radiation from modern cell phones cause disease on the scale of tanning booths. Although I'm sure we will learn much in the future, we should definitely not regulate based on "maybe" and "what might be".
(That phrase "modern cell phones" sounds so wrong, but I'm referring to the relatively low power that current models emit.)

lockman

State Researcher

How many bodies have the found in these tanning booths?

solus

How many bodies have the found in these tanning booths?
tdy_tan_mom_120502.vembedlarge.jpg

she is a 44yo NJ woman and in '12 was accused of taking her 5yo to the booth with her...http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002636044

seems the Apocalypse has begun

ipse