Thread: Drone reg. begins Monday ... link on how to do it & info

Drone reg. begins Monday ... link on how to do it & info

Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)

If a posting looks like its funny - its meant to be so-

But.. they use weight and not mass... if we use Helium drones, they are lighter than air by weight and therefore are exempt?

If we take existing drones at 300 grams, 50 grams over the limit for requiring registration and redesign it to utilize helium to create a lighter more energy efficient aircraft... and doing so the lowers it's effective weight below the 250 gram threshold, are we then exempt as well?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    But.. they use weight and not mass...[ ... ]
    Gram is the SI unit of mass.

You're confused, confusing Imperial-US units that confuse mass and weight, the slug and the pound, so that pound-force lbf and pound mass lbm must be written, but never slug.
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Gram is the SI unit of mass.

You're confused, confusing Imperial-US units that confuse mass and weight, the slug and the pound, so that pound-force lbf and pound mass lbm must be written, but never slug.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_%28force%29

I use Stone. Go figure.

F = ma

Take it from there where ever you want to go.

They should do it by volume. Grams? Where are we, in the EU?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-21-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Do not take any postings to be the opinion of the poster .. poster may be posting opinions of others and not necessarily himself ... carry on

"Filing a notice of trespass with your local, county, state authorities , to keep all town employees off your land, would cut down on the government from interfering or harassing you, at least put you in a little bit stronger legal position" .. chk you local laws (disclaimer)

If a posting looks like its funny - its meant to be so-

Well,,,

dont know if i shoud say this,,,,

This whole thing, is just the dot.gov spending $$$ to TRY to control the few!
    The registration thing does nothing to the bad guys, and makes a new bureaucracy.
    Wouldn't it be enough to ask all good guy flyers, to write their, name, address,
    and phone number on their "flying toys", so if it crashes in a yard, they get notified?
    This alone would address the concerns the faa has, but doesn't create a new requirement
    to build a whole new dot.gov bureaucracy, and the money to run it.

Bad Guy flyers will depend on simple anonymity to do the evil deeds,
    they will fly unsafely and write off their flying toy loss, and nobody will
    have a way to stop it!

BTW, I have a V666 quad, the nearest airport is 7 mi. at 500 ft msl,,
    I live at 15 ft. msl, I have a range of ~400 t. but never let it get about 100 ft. away.
    It weighs ~1/2 lbs,,, I have thought registration, for free, but also thought,,,
    Its Really none of their business!

Really though,, If a TRAINED and licensed flyer runs his plane down to a place in front of my house, that he runs into it, he has broken more laws than I may may have broke.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    dont know if i shoud say this,,,,

This whole thing, is just the dot.gov spending $$$ to TRY to control the few!
    The registration thing does nothing to the bad guys, and makes a new bureaucracy.
    Wouldn't it be enough to ask all good guy flyers, to write their, name, address,
    and phone number on their "flying toys", so if it crashes in a yard, they get notified?
    This alone would address the concerns the faa has, but doesn't create a new requirement
    to build a whole new dot.gov bureaucracy, and the money to run it.

Bad Guy flyers will depend on simple anonymity to do the evil deeds,
    they will fly unsafely and write off their flying toy loss, and nobody will
    have a way to stop it!

BTW, I have a V666 quad, the nearest airport is 7 mi. at 500 ft msl,,
    I live at 15 ft. msl, I have a range of ~400 t. but never let it get about 100 ft. away.
    It weighs ~1/2 lbs,,, I have thought registration, for free, but also thought,,,
    Its Really none of their business!

Really though,, If a TRAINED and licensed flyer runs his plane down to a place in front of my house, that he runs into it, he has broken more laws than I may may have broke.
    Like the old CB radio license. If you had a CB radio license that was PC to "inspect" your radio (enter your house) without a warrant. I see this as the same thing, both are "free" but give a (sic) legal okay to come in without a warrant.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Well..some guy or gal whom I may or may not know isn't registering anything. In fact, they probably use amateur radio frequencies for control and telemetry, so I'm sure they will remove their callsign from the equipment, too. That person probably believes that registration = government over-reach.

As for ME, I don't fly "drones." I have a few multirotors, though.