Thread: Cheap ammo and gear

Cheap ammo and gear

Hi All

First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price!

OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun as she has been against the idea until recently. So that is good that she is changing her mind.

Now when I do get one I will no doubt want to be able to go to the range and learn to use and handle it as often as my budget will allow. A big part of this will no doubt be ammo.

Is there an inexpensive website or place I can purchase ammo (LEGALLY) and also gear that will hence let me go to the range more often without breaking the bank doing so! Right now am sort of leaning towards a 9M but not yet 100% sure.

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1776 View Post
    Hi All First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price! [ ... ]
    Define good stuff. Chewed paper plugs ears. Quality everyday wear trifocals are shatterproof. Follow the money to gear requirements.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-21-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

And that answers my question how?

Lots of place that have on line catalogs with ammo cheaperthandirt sportsmansguide for just a couple and many more Wal-Mart normally has decent prices on 9mm practice ammo.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-21-2015 at 11:59 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Thanks will check both out! Just trying to find a way to practice without going broke at the same time HA HA

And that answers my question how?
    Hi All First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price! [ ... ]
    Only if you want it to. Like a 'horse' led to a watering trough, you are welcome to not see the water for the trees.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-21-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Only if you want it to. Like a 'horse' led to a watering trough, you are welcome to not see the water for the trees.
    Go troll someone elses thread before I report you. Your replies have nothing to do with my question!

If you ever get over to Spokane you will want to go to the "White Elephant". Best prices on guns, ammo, and shooting supplies.

Black sheep in Coeur D' Alene Idaho next to Spokane isn't to bad too.

yeah will be going to Montana later in the year so will stop in and check them out when passing through. They probably also have a site so can check that also.

Thanks!

Go troll someone elses thread before I report you. Your replies have nothing to do with my question!
    report him report him...i have my popcorn and slushy...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    report him report him...i have my popcorn and slushy...ipse
    In about forty minutes I'll have my first goblet of Pinot Noir, and will become much more tolerant of entertainment.

I haven't found a cheaper source for ammo than Freedom Munitions. Usually free shipping on your first order and they offer it a few times through the year. I've shot several hundreds of rounds(fmj&jhp) with zero issues.
    http://www.freedommunitions.com

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Is there some secret rule that newbies get to attack the bedrock of this forum known as the old geezer clan?
    Last edited by color of law; 12-22-2015 at 12:28 AM.

what i find truly interesting is the OPs wanting to find cheep ammo yet they self report they do not have a firearm to shoot the ammo in...quote:...OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun.... unquote

almost two years ago, his wife was still the center of the discussion of firearms.

one would presume, in the scheme of things, chicken or the egg mentality, one would need a firearm before one seeks out ammo...i mean wouldn't one need to know the caliber to buy so one could even discern cheep?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    what i find truly interesting is the OPs wanting to find cheep ammo yet they self report they do not have a firearm to shoot the ammo in...quote:...OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun.... unquote

almost two years ago, his wife was still the center of the discussion of firearms.

one would presume, in the scheme of things, chicken or the egg mentality, one would need a firearm before one seeks out ammo...i mean wouldn't one need to know the caliber to buy so one could even discern cheep?

ipse
    So, what you are saying is the word cheep is relative...

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So, what you are saying is the word cheep is relative...
    ... so is good stuff relative.

Hi All

First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price!

OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun as she has been against the idea until recently. So that is good that she is changing her mind.

Now when I do get one I will no doubt want to be able to go to the range and learn to use and handle it as often as my budget will allow. A big part of this will no doubt be ammo.

Is there an inexpensive website or place I can purchase ammo (LEGALLY) and also gear that will hence let me go to the range more often without breaking the bank doing so! Right now am sort of leaning towards a 9M but not yet 100% sure.

Thanks
    Dave
    Please define "close."

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ouse-disagrees

The interwebz is your friend. Google not so much, but it does return potentially many options.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

first tell us OP what gun are you going to buy...and is cheep a concept in that purchase also?

ipse