Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: New gun spent casing

  1. #1
    Regular Member crackersillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , , earth
    Posts
    141

    New gun spent casing

    Hello all,

    I recently made a new gun purchase and noticed I didn't get a spent casing in that little envelope thing.. Should I contact the manufacturer? Or the store where I bought it? I don't actually want the casing i just think its very odd that I didn't get one.. I've allways gotten one before.

    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    In what state do you live?

    Believe it or not, the "location" part of your profile is useful for answering questions, not just for humor.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,883
    he asked the same question in another thread where he stated he purchased the firearm from AZ...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Contact the store ... if you so desire.

  5. #5
    Regular Member crackersillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , , earth
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    In what state do you live?

    Believe it or not, the "location" part of your profile is useful for answering questions, not just for humor.

    Arizona.

  6. #6
    Regular Member crackersillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , , earth
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    he asked the same question in another thread where he stated he purchased the firearm from AZ...

    ipse


    Thank you, sir.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by crackersillo View Post
    Hello all,

    I recently made a new gun purchase and noticed I didn't get a spent casing in that little envelope thing.. Should I contact the manufacturer? Or the store where I bought it? I don't actually want the casing i just think its very odd that I didn't get one.. I've allways gotten one before.

    Thank you for your time.
    I have never got a spend casing with a new gun.

    Oh well.

    Now I need a 3d printer and then I can have a few new 1911 pistols.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,158
    Let us skip all that intermediate folderol and print expended cases.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member CrossFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Irving, Texas, USA
    Posts
    408
    I bought a handgun with a spent round once. I was told by the FFL that it was originally intended to go to a state where the State Police require the gun to be shot before sale so the guns ballistics can be recorded for future identification. This is not a requirement in Texas.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    There are few states that require the spent casing to be shipped from the distributor with the firearm. A freer state like AZ, of course, is not one of them. In these freer states, if a firearm is shipped with one, the dealer just leaves it with it, as he has no need to do anything with it. If the gun is shipped to one of the more Nanny states, the dealer is required to remove the sealed bag with the spent case, and give it to the state authorities for needless time-, space-, and money-wasting filing.

    Not all new guns ship with them. Those that don't are not allowed to be shipped to those Nanny states. The free states might get them and might not.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  11. #11
    Regular Member crackersillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , , earth
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    There are few states that require the spent casing to be shipped from the distributor with the firearm. A freer state like AZ, of course, is not one of them. In these freer states, if a firearm is shipped with one, the dealer just leaves it with it, as he has no need to do anything with it. If the gun is shipped to one of the more Nanny states, the dealer is required to remove the sealed bag with the spent case, and give it to the state authorities for needless time-, space-, and money-wasting filing.

    Not all new guns ship with them. Those that don't are not allowed to be shipped to those Nanny states. The free states might get them and might not.


    Excellent explanation. Thank you. I read about that Maryland spent casing" law that was just voided,interesting.. This all led me to learn something new that I wasn't aware of. I called the dealer and they gave me the same explanation that you sir have. All is well.. I take my firearms and everything related to them very seriously.


    Thank you.
    Last edited by crackersillo; 12-22-2015 at 06:24 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member crackersillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , , earth
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossFire View Post
    I bought a handgun with a spent round once. I was told by the FFL that it was originally intended to go to a state where the State Police require the gun to be shot before sale so the guns ballistics can be recorded for future identification. This is not a requirement in Texas.


    +1

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    The next question when the guns become collector items well the box and the original casing add to the value.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    I reloaded all the ones that came with any of mine.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  15. #15
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    The next question when the guns become collector items well the box and the original casing add to the value.
    Well, I suppose you get to say "ALL goodies included" when you look to sell it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I reloaded all the ones that came with any of mine.
    One could also keep them as a means of keeping count of how many guns you've owned?.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    I recently purchased an AR15 upper w/BCG. I was surprised to see the three zero round casings included in the box.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I wonder how easy it is to make these casing useless by just re-boring the gun and changing the firing pin?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •