Thread: Guns topping Christmas lists thanks fear over restrictions, Gifting issue.

Guns topping Christmas lists thanks fear over restrictions, Gifting issue.

At places like Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna, Georgia, business has nearly doubled compared to a year ago at this time, according to manager Eric Wallace. "Ever since the Paris attacks, we've had a lot of customers coming in,'' Wallace told Gabe Gutierrez on TODAY. "Buying first guns, buying guns to protect their homes, their families, and themselves."
    [ ... ]
    "Like any good husband, I asked for the list of Christmas items that you'd like to have and one of the items was a firearm,'' gun owner Louis Cole told Gutierrez. "Above jewelry was a firearm."

Giving a gun as a gift to another person within your own state is allowed under federal law, and in many states, the recipient is not required to get a background check.

http://www.today.com/news/guns-toppi...ictions-t63321
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    You buy a gun .. you gift it like any other property.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    In Washington that could be a felony.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    In Washington that could be a felony.

not to a family member

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Give a man a cop and he is protected for a day; teach a man to use a gun and he protects himself for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Give a man a cop and he is protected for a day; teach a man to use a gun and he protects himself for a lifetime.
    reference to almost those same sentiments on an Afrikaner gun site...interesting

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

A man w Krugerrands can buy bullets for his guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    not to a family member

ipse
    No, spouse.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Personally it is easier just to give them the cash then they can buy the firearm they want.

No guessing is a Glock, Colt, Ruger, S@W or a Springfield right
    so many choice's of caliber, size, mag capacity and color it is just easier to say here's the cash buy a gun with it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

while gold, overpriced when purchased with ZA Rands!!

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post

Was at one show and watch a person try and buy a gun with some silver coins none of the dealers there would take them he finely sold them to a person i knew took a price well below the spot price. then went a brought his firearm with the dollar bills.

My brother decided he was going to trade some of his Krugerrands for stuff at a gun show no one wanted them he finely sold them to a gold dealer not at the show.

A lot of people didn't know what they were dealing with so they wouldn't take it.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 12-23-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do