• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Link for recalls of the traitors. Sign the petition!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

In 1869-70 there was an agitation to prosecute the leaders of the Confederacy for Treason. Notice this was 4-5 years after the war.

A fella named Lysander Spooner, who was also an abolitionist, wrote of series of essays in 1870 called No Treason wherein he utterly destroyed the arguments of those calling for prosecution.

One of these days, I shall have to work out for myself whether an oath of office violated is treason or fraud. Or, both.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
In 1869-70 there was an agitation to prosecute the leaders of the Confederacy for Treason. Notice this was 4-5 years after the war.

A fella named Lysander Spooner, who was also an abolitionist, wrote of series of essays in 1870 called No Treason wherein he utterly destroyed the arguments of those calling for prosecution.

One of these days, I shall have to work out for myself whether an oath of office violated is treason or fraud. Or, both.
Either way, once the oath is intentionally violated they must be removed from office to never sit in a position of trust.

since9

Campaign Veteran

According to Article III, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution, it is most certain not treason, at least in and of itself.

As for whether or not it constitutes fraud, that depends on intent: "In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain." Without intent, the best thing one can say about those who fail to uphold their oaths of office is that they're stupid.

Lyndsy Simon

According to Article III, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution, it is most certain not treason, at least in and of itself.

As for whether or not it constitutes fraud, that depends on intent: "In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain." Without intent, the best thing one can say about those who fail to uphold their oaths of office is that they're stupid.

I do not recall signing that document, nor do I recall Mr. Spooner having done so.

Perhaps you should read his book.

OC for ME

High crimes and misdemeanors...misdemeanors...hmm...
breakfast.gif