Thread: Reno-Sparks Indian Colony

Reno-Sparks Indian Colony

I am just wondering if its ok to carry there? Is that considered Federal Reservation?

Looking into it I found this in their tribal code:

Ch. 12. Weapons offenses. Part 1. Preliminary provisions (Section 4-12-101. Definitions. Section 4-12-102 Confiscation of unlawful weapons by Tribal Police). Part 2. Enumeration of offenses (Section 4-12-201. Carrying a concealed weapon. Section 4-12-202. Possession or manufacture of short-barreled rifle or shotgun. Section 4-12-203. Unlawful discharge or display of a firearm. Section 4-12-204. Carrying a firearm while unlawfully using or being under the influence of a controlled, prohibited, or intoxicating substance. Section 4-12-205. Possession of firearm or other dangerous weapon. Section 4-12-206. Destructive devices prohibited. Section 4-12-207. Possession of altered firearm. Section 4-12-208. Use of firearms by children under 14 years of age. Section 4-12-209. Aiming a firearm at a person).

http://www.narf.org/nill/codes/reno-sparks/

The reason why I ask is because I am going to explore more around the Public Access Land the west, south west of that Tribal Reservation. And from reading their law, it is illegal?

I plan on hooking up to Eagle Canyon Rd and head south east.

Thanks.

Not federal, but sovereign.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

You aren't breaking a law that applies to you, but you can be kicked off their land.

Indian cops are still cops, so they can write you speeding tickets and enforce other Nevada laws, but they can't apply Indian laws (no guns) to non-Indians. Most Indian reservations are anti-freedom, but they can only treat visitors the same as private property owners can.

New Mexico is the only state of which I am aware has a state law that gives teeth to the Indian reservation anti-carrying laws.
    Last edited by MAC702; 12-23-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Activist Member
    Years ago I called the Reno Sparks Indian colony police and asked them if I could carry. The lady said I needed a permit from the tribal police. I asked how to get one. She puts me on hold for 5 minutes. Then she said since I'm not a tribal member I can carry without their permission if I just follow state law.

However, I didn't get anything in writing. Police seldom know the laws.

Thanks. Yea I am going to explore some places to shoot out in the public access land area coming from the south west, Chickadee - Hungry Valley. Going to hook up with Eagle Canyon Rd and proceed South East. I know the Indian Colony is up North West of where I will be exploring.
    Last edited by cire 5th; 12-23-2015 at 02:07 PM.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    There are several places on Eagle Canyon where people take targets and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    There are several places on Eagle Canyon where people take targets and shoot.
    Yea I was there Christmas day shooting for an hour or so. I veered more to the north. I was coming from Chickadee.