• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno-Sparks Indian Colony

cire 5th

Looking into it I found this in their tribal code:

Ch. 12. Weapons offenses. Part 1. Preliminary provisions (Section 4-12-101. Definitions. Section 4-12-102 Confiscation of unlawful weapons by Tribal Police). Part 2. Enumeration of offenses (Section 4-12-201. Carrying a concealed weapon. Section 4-12-202. Possession or manufacture of short-barreled rifle or shotgun. Section 4-12-203. Unlawful discharge or display of a firearm. Section 4-12-204. Carrying a firearm while unlawfully using or being under the influence of a controlled, prohibited, or intoxicating substance. Section 4-12-205. Possession of firearm or other dangerous weapon. Section 4-12-206. Destructive devices prohibited. Section 4-12-207. Possession of altered firearm. Section 4-12-208. Use of firearms by children under 14 years of age. Section 4-12-209. Aiming a firearm at a person).

http://www.narf.org/nill/codes/reno-sparks/

The reason why I ask is because I am going to explore more around the Public Access Land the west, south west of that Tribal Reservation. And from reading their law, it is illegal?

I plan on hooking up to Eagle Canyon Rd and head south east.

Thanks.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You aren't breaking a law that applies to you, but you can be kicked off their land.

Indian cops are still cops, so they can write you speeding tickets and enforce other Nevada laws, but they can't apply Indian laws (no guns) to non-Indians. Most Indian reservations are anti-freedom, but they can only treat visitors the same as private property owners can.

New Mexico is the only state of which I am aware has a state law that gives teeth to the Indian reservation anti-carrying laws.

Last edited:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Years ago I called the Reno Sparks Indian colony police and asked them if I could carry. The lady said I needed a permit from the tribal police. I asked how to get one. She puts me on hold for 5 minutes. Then she said since I'm not a tribal member I can carry without their permission if I just follow state law.

However, I didn't get anything in writing. Police seldom know the laws.

cire 5th

Thanks. Yea I am going to explore some places to shoot out in the public access land area coming from the south west, Chickadee - Hungry Valley. Going to hook up with Eagle Canyon Rd and proceed South East. I know the Indian Colony is up North West of where I will be exploring.

Last edited: