Thread: Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad , Feliz Natal.

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad , Feliz Natal.

I was wandering if is ok to to Open Carry or conceal carry at a christian church, I go to church every sunday and sometimes on wednesday, and I leave my gun, in the car, I live in Glendale, Az. and I see lots of O.Cers. and I was wandering if these people go to church, do they leave their guns at home or in the car, I wish take with me, but donīt know, I do O.C. all around Phoenix and its close towns.

Mele Kalikimaka.

Yes, being a Christian Church does not disallow being armed. The state may, the proprietors may, but the church in general does not.

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and guns and The Truth. God Bless US Bitter Clingers. MOLON LABE It's more than merely arms.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Might be better asked in the Arizona forum, unless you're just interested in the topic across the states.
    Here in Missouri it is legal, and I carry every service. Some churches request that you not carry, some request that it may remain concealed, but here it's not illegal. Conceal carry here is quite common in church. Never seen OC in the churches I've attended or visited.

Quote Originally Posted by ISRAEL View Post
    I was wandering if is ok to to Open Carry or conceal carry at a christian church, I go to church every sunday and sometimes on wednesday, and I leave my gun, in the car, I live in Glendale, Az. and I see lots of O.Cers. and I was wandering if these people go to church, do they leave their guns at home or in the car, I wish take with me, but donīt know, I do O.C. all around Phoenix and its close towns.
    Greetings ISRAEL!

As Nightmare and STLDaniel have already mentioned, law says not to do so, church may not oppose it and may actually encourage carry. OC/CC is likely up to the discretion of the pastor/clergy/etc.

That said, I used to OC at the church I went to until some hoplophobes raised a ruckus. The higher ups then told me I should CC, though said hoplophobes wanted me to stop altogether.

Stopped attending over a year ago, to be honest. The folks there didn't seem to be too fond of practicing what they preached.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-23-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke