• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What will you carry on Day One of OC in Texas?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I live in Washington State and we have always been able to OC as we see fit. You, in Texas, on the other hand, actually have a First Day of OC. Will you wear something discreet to "feel out" the populace, or will you be wearing that barbecue rig with a buscadero holster and a pair of Ruger Blackhawk .44s?

It is exciting, to me, to see this happening in Texas. I have several friends there who carry at all times and now they get to be honest about it. Good on you Texas.

qednick

Well, I know I already answered earlier in the trifold thread but figured I'd go into more detail since you started a thread specifically on the subject.

In short, I will likely carry my Sig P220 initially. I'm a big Sig and Beretta fan. I have a Beretta 92FS but, as sweet as that pistol is, I honestly think that's too darn heavy for every day carry. I did have a Sig P250. I bought it around 3 years ago (I think) but ended up selling it in 2013 when OC didn't pass back then. I had bought it specifically for OC and kind of took it out on the pistol by selling it in disgust (not disgust at the gun but disgust in the legislature). Kind of wish I had kept it as it was a great DA only weapon--though it was a little "fat".
So, the only issue with the P220 is that mine is old--like 1987 old. Though it's never failed me, I'm kind of tempted to get a newer one (with accessory rail, even though I don't use them).
But then I'm thinking rather than spending $$$ on yet another P220, why not look into something else. I like 1911's (classic style, great looks) but don't like the far reach slide releases. I'm not a Glock fan personally (triggers feel spongy and they're not aesthetically pleasing to me). Other options may be Springfield XD series, S&W M&P series, or similar.
Honestly, the reason I'm blabbing all this out is because I can't decide.
I've had a bunch of .380's but sold them all, mainly because at one point ammo was scarcer than rocking horse poop. Whatever I'm going to get is going to have to be a .45 or 9mm. I also like narrow frame designs. Any suggestions are welcome.

stealthyeliminator

I don't have a "show" gun specifically for OC, but I do have some custom leather to dress it up in! I have carried in this holster concealed, but it is truly a shame to cover up works of art.

HPmatt

Let's see that is next Friday, a holiday, so I think it w/b my everyday Walther PPQ. Just a black gun, plain custom black holster, black gun belt w black Levis, black felt hat. Probably will save my Gus hat for a day on down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanmills

Oh man I didn't even think to plan for it. I'm getting in from out of town on NYE and only have my glock 19 and Blackhawk serpa holster. I don't have anything in brushed nickel or chrome with leather to wear.

nonameisgood

H&K P2000SK (357 Sig) in a black C. Rusty Sherrick vertical high ride holster. I'll probably swap to the P30 or HK45 from time to time, but the C.Rusty holster is my favorite. I haven't yet had nice leather made for the bigger guns.

qednick

I'm beginning to think it may be better for me to get something not too fancy/expensive. If/when I'm OC I have a nasty habit of banging into door frames, etc.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I'm beginning to think it may be better for me to get something not too fancy/expensive. If/when I'm OC I have a nasty habit of banging into door frames, etc.

It took me a minute of deep thought when I discovered white enamel paint chips on my Rugers grips, at the magazine. Then I saw the matching ruts in my woodwork. Sometimes you feel like a nut.

nonameisgood

It took me a minute of deep thought when I discovered white enamel paint chips on my Rugers grips, at the magazine. Then I saw the matching ruts in my woodwork. Sometimes you feel like a nut.

I have a number of shirts with holes in the fabric coinciding with sights and grips when CC.

WalkingWolf

I live in Washington State and we have always been able to OC as we see fit. You, in Texas, on the other hand, actually have a First Day of OC. Will you wear something discreet to "feel out" the populace, or will you be wearing that barbecue rig with a buscadero holster and a pair of Ruger Blackhawk .44s?

It is exciting, to me, to see this happening in Texas. I have several friends there who carry at all times and now they get to be honest about it. Good on you Texas.

Everybody has had, or will have a first day they OC. For me my first day was a 31 cal 5 shot cap and ball as a teenager in a leather holster. At the time it was the only handgun I owned. Being under 18 I was only allowed to OC on the farm though.

CrimsonSoul

Well I just got my SERPA cqc in and I have to say that it is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. I've always used iwb holsters and after an hour or so of wearing it it would be uncomfortable and start hurting when at the 3 o'clock position (but was fine in 5 o'clock but I don't like it there). This one though I could see wearing all day and be great.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

FreeInAZ

Well, although not in Texas, I will OC a double stack 45acp in honor of my friends in Texas who now have more options in the way they carry.
:cool:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
You need to carry a cheap old Saturday Night Special because some cop that didn't get the message will throw you to the ground and confiscate your gun, never to be seen again....... :eek:

FreeInAZ

You need to carry a cheap old Saturday Night Special because some cop that didn't get the message will throw you to the ground and confiscate your gun, never to be seen again....... :eek:
Well in that case:

No cop wants one of these for their home collection.

Don't laugh, they shoot good & carry more rounds than a 1911.

http://www.kygunco.com/mobile/products.cfm/id/27694/name/hi-point-handguns

Plenty good for a OC only pistol.

76c69842e71685209e45a9d69372b145.jpg

Smokewagon

I suppose I could carry this, but most likely it will be my Smith&Wesson Shield, in .40, more casually than before.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 97