Thread: GOA sues DOJ cross checking NCIC Background Check with Terrorist Screening Database

GOA sues DOJ cross checking NCIC Background Check with Terrorist Screening Database

They say the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has run more than 222 million searches through the National Instant Criminal Background Check system between Nov. 30, 1998, and Nov. 30, 2015. Every search that the three agencies cross-checked against the Terrorist Screening Database after February 2004 lacked legal authority, according to the complaint.

The complaint points to a 2010 report by Government Accountability Office, which found in its first line: "Membership in a terrorist organization does not prohibit a person from possessing firearms or explosives under current federal law."

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/1...s-defended.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cking-gun-buy/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    The GOA may have issues with standing on the suit. But the suit is essencially right on the mark. They have no authority to do such searches.

One can always sue the head of the agency; immunity attaches only to requests for $$$ - asking a court to make a declaratory ruling to prohibit an agency head from doing something, even if that person has full immunity under the law, is perfectly acceptable and immunity is not a bar to a suit.

Ya gotta read it all. "... Capanna's 26 named clients rail against what they called government "tyranny." I imagine a class action would not be out of reach.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Ya gotta read it all. "... Capanna's 26 named clients rail against what they called government "tyranny." I imagine a class action would not be out of reach.
    I agree ... of course one client can still proceed on his own too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If they ran 222 million searches, then those records can be had by 222 million FOIA requests. Ok! Pens at the ready...

Armed with the records, I have little doubt that at least 10% would gladly join such a class-action suit. That's 22 million angry, Constitution-bearing Americans.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.