• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H-E-B Bans Open Carry

rightwinglibertarian

Right underneath a warning that drinking liquor on premises is a crime is the following notice, posted online by a handful of Twitter users in recent days:

"Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly#

http://www.infowars.com/grocery-giant-h-e-b-says-no-to-open-carry-ahead-of-new-texas-gun-law/

It looks as if there will have to be an immediate boycott and multiple state-wide protests until this foolish and dangerous policy is reversed. Hit them hard in the pocket. I'm going to get a statement from them after the holidays and inquire why they want their businesses to be a death trap and mass shooting waiting to happen.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... inquire why they want their businesses to be a death trap and mass shooting waiting to happen.

Well, since they aren't banning concealed carry, that will be their reasoning. Best to head that off and focus on why the mere sight of the holstered gun makes them wet their pants.

With the exception of Costco, only one grocery store here in Las Vegas, to my knowledge, has kicked out a carrier, and it's more common than ever before.

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

I intend to immediately target them as soon as I get down there. Texas of all places should be able to force businesses to stop such foolishness by sheer weight of protest. In other areas businesses are unlikely to find a boycott hurts their pocket in any real way. Hopefully Texas is different.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I think you underestimate just how anti-freedom typical Texans are. It's actually quite sad, despite their stellar exceptions.

HPmatt

Was at Dallas Central Market - HEB stores - yesterday morning - no 30.06 or 30.07 signs. The Butts live in San Antonio, son Stephen running Central Market lives in Ft Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightwinglibertarian

I think you underestimate just how anti-freedom typical Texans are. It's actually quite sad, despite their stellar exceptions.

Even sadder how people actually enjoy slavery. Even the militia down there lay down like sheep with barely a bleat. And there are news cites that talk of TX cesseeding. Never going to happen. Citizens are too busy saying yes comrade, no comrade and studiously submitting to tyranny while all the while pretending to believe in this or that. They don't. In fact they jump through all kinds of hoops to justify themselves and oppose anyone who would question the great almighty government whose every word is clearly law and crime speak must be suppressed at all costs.
If the founding fathers could see us now, they may have just not bothered to even try, knowing 200 years later it would all be flushed away down the toilet bowl. How can we mock California and New Jersey etc when we're just as bad at least in attitude. We pretend to care but don't. As a result we'll almost certainly lose more freedom and end up with only the 'freedom' the government is generous enough to give us.

solus

Even sadder how people actually enjoy slavery. Even the militia down there lay down like sheep with barely a bleat. And there are news cites that talk of TX cesseeding. Never going to happen. Citizens are too busy saying yes comrade, no comrade and studiously submitting to tyranny while all the while pretending to believe in this or that. They don't. In fact they jump through all kinds of hoops to justify themselves and oppose anyone who would question the great almighty government whose every word is clearly law and crime speak must be suppressed at all costs.
If the founding fathers could see us now, they may have just not bothered to even try, knowing 200 years later it would all be flushed away down the toilet bowl. How can we mock California and New Jersey etc when we're just as bad at least in attitude. We pretend to care but don't. As a result we'll almost certainly lose more freedom and end up with only the 'freedom' the government is generous enough to give us.

rightwinglibertaian quote: I intend to immediately target them as soon as I get down there. unquote..

so...hows the fight on overturning the firearm & ammo tax in your home town going? got that straightened up yet?? how did your efforts on 594 turn out?

and now you believe your antics can straighten out texas' issues...really?

just saying...

ipse

rightwinglibertarian

rightwinglibertaian quote: I intend to immediately target them as soon as I get down there. unquote..

so...hows the fight on overturning the firearm & ammo tax in your home town going? got that straightened up yet?? how did your efforts on 594 turn out?

and now you believe your antics can straighten out texas' issues...really?

just saying...

ipse

I've suggested people open carry here in Seattle. They can't be bothered or claim they don't have the right to because of some nutcase judge who was probably stoned to come out with the idiocy they did. TX has Open Carry Texas and multiple Militia's and a far greater number of possible people who actually care. When I do however, I will not be saying anything here because doing so would be in violation of the rules you've subjected yourself to. I don't need to spell it out, there are enough posts that have not been censored that you can figure out exactly what I'm going to do. Be an American not a sheep.

nonameisgood

I don't shop Whole Paycheck any more because of the 3006 postings, but can probably live with Central Market posting 3007. It's a better store for my money. I'm betting we can have a polite conversation a year down the road and the signs might come down. Maybe sooner.
But threatening people is not really a friendly approach. Let's try honey first.
--
Texas does not have "multiple militias" despite what you may have read. And our open carry is by permission, so not exactly freedom.
But please stop pretending that we Texans are a bunch of sheep. We know the difference between a fight worth having and when to stand down. We also were the first state to outlaw all carry of handguns, so I don't believe you have any basis to think we should be generally pro carry - the presence of guns on the public square has been illegal for as long as we have been alive. CC is just a polite fiction that continued the legacy of a gun-free public space. We will all have some adjustments to make. And don't for a minute think that some Yankee rabble rouser will help the situation. We outlawed carry in 1871 to keep guns out if the hands of freedmen and carpetbaggers. The only thing we like less that having our freedom messed with is having uppity outsiders "coming to show us how it's done."

Last edited:

rightwinglibertarian

I don't shop Whole Paycheck any more because of the 3006 postings, but can probably live with Central Market posting 3007. It's a better store for my money. I'm betting we can have a polite conversation a year down the road and the signs might come down. Maybe sooner.
But threatening people is not really a friendly approach. Let's try honey first.
--
Texas does not have "multiple militias" despite what you may have read. And our open carry is by permission, so not exactly freedom.
But please stop pretending that we Texans are a bunch of sheep
. We know the difference between a fight worth having and when to stand down. We also were the first state to outlaw all carry of handguns, so I don't believe you have any basis to think we should be generally pro carry - the presence of guns on the public square has been illegal for as long as we have been alive. CC is just a polite fiction that continued the legacy of a gun-free public space. We will all have some adjustments to make. And don't for a minute think that some Yankee rabble rouser will help the situation. We outlawed carry in 1871 to keep guns out if the hands of freedmen and carpetbaggers. The only thing we like less that having our freedom messed with is having uppity outsiders "coming to show us how it's done."

you're waiting for permission. Don't get me wrong, I like Texas a lot better than this liberal wasteland which is Seattle or Commie-fornia but y'all just don't go far enough. And I've probably said too much already anyway so further discussion will have to be outside the forum. The rules stink worse than month old arm-pit sweat but they are there nonetheless

qednick

IMO the problem with Texas is the large population (second only to CA). Also, a ton of people have moved here from places like CA. Whenever you get a large population--especially in big cities like San Antonio, Dallas and Houston--you tend to get a more liberal mindset. It's probably only thanks to all the vast rural areas that Texas is still a red state.

It's a shame about H.E.B. as I always preferred it to Wally World. For those who are not familiar with H.E.B. it is HUGE--bar WalMart it essentially is the Texas WalMart. We've spent quite a bit of $$ there and that includes filling my gas tank at least twice a week. Although I recognize they have the right to do this on their own property, I also have the right to take my $$ elsewhere--which is exactly what I'm going to do and I will let the C.E.O. know that in a politely written letter. He probably won't care, but if enough of us are willing to take the time to write, plus the cost of a stamp, you never know. I'm also formulating other ideas as I write this.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Classic depiction of the glass 1/2 full vs the glass 1/2 empty. We see what we are predisposed to see, unless we enter with an open/receptive mind.

Overall we (the people) have enjoyed much to celebrate in regaining/improving our RKBA and specifically OC. The work is not done yet, may never be as we react to new attacks on our freedoms, but progress has been made.

rightwinglibertarian

Classic depiction of the glass 1/2 full vs the glass 1/2 empty. We see what we are predisposed to see, unless we enter with an open/receptive mind.

Overall we (the people) have enjoyed much to celebrate in regaining/improving our RKBA and specifically OC. The work is not done yet, may never be as we react to new attacks on our freedoms, but progress has been made.

considering the enforced methods, thats a miracle in and of itself

nonameisgood

It's not Thanksgiving but for the following things, I am thankful:
- Open carry coming to Texas even if it is in some ways not ideal, and
- that I can conceal in Central Market and shop Texas
It would have been very easy to follow their competition in the organic/high-end grocery niche all the way to a complete 3006/3007 two step.

half_life1052

What is your track record?

considering the enforced methods, thats a miracle in and of itself

Could you compare and contrast " enforced methods" with your real world accomplishments please? I tend to be pragmatic so I prefer to see arguments from reason and experience rather than appeals to emotion. You might try coming down here to live for awhile. Get to know the culture a little before you decide how you are going to "fix" it.

solus

Could you compare and contrast " enforced methods" with your real world accomplishments please? I tend to be pragmatic so I prefer to see arguments from reason and experience rather than appeals to emotion. You might try coming down here to live for awhile. Get to know the culture a little before you decide how you are going to "fix" it.

he fixed washington state's malaise, ask him, so i guess those are his real world accomplishments.

ipse

nonameisgood

A true Randian libertarian would acknowledge that the property owner could and should do as s/he pleases without consent of the consumer or others. HEB should do as they please.
This is where a libertarian cannot effectively embrace consumer economics and market forces.

nonameisgood

Anyone going to picket? Get the word out.

Just what we need, to get labeled as wacko gun nuts protesting against the rights of a property owner to make business decisions - you know how the press would spin that, right?

ETA: that is how Open Carry Texas was painted for their LGOC events. If anyone should be the subject of protest it should be Whole Foods which locks out all carriers. A protest would probably only fortify their position, being based in Austin.

Last edited: