• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Legislature may strip Gov. of his armed security detail

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How about this instead:

Allow him to keep his security detail .. but disarm them completely ....

No deal!

No experts in hands-on tactics either. We commoners do not get that privilege and most certainly not at tax payer's expense.

Let the governor find out what it is like to be naked and out in public.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
the va legislators do not have a strong enough majority in the senate to override the governor's veto of any legislation put on his desk.

Could they defund any monies for paying the personnel? Not really imho, as that would require a line item in a budget proposal which the governor would not accept. Best that could be expected would be to hang up the entire budget process - lock down the state to not being able to spend any money at they end of the fiscal year.

Sure such would be dramatic and irritate the governor, who would spin it to say that the pro gun reps were penalizing the entire state (all virginians) over one issue.

Would our elected representatives be willing to go to wall over this? I think some would, but don't have much hope that a strong bipartisan effort will be forthcoming - that is what it would take.

It is worth noting that the governor and bloomy may have just given us the incentive that we need to join all liberty minded people in va - a gift if you will. The people are angry, boiling hot angry! I see ocers, ccers, hunters, reloaders, mom & pop private citizen getting ramrod stiff backbones. The governor has insulted/harmed the very people he was elected to represent. I expect the backlash to be worse than a public flogging.

can mcauliffe take the pressure?

that

davidmcbeth

Banned
No deal!

No experts in hands-on tactics either. We commoners do not get that privilege and most certainly not at tax payer's expense.

Let the governor find out what it is like to be naked and out in public.

Ok... let them have those "rape whistles" ... see, I CAN compromise after all.

va_tazdad

YUP.

I will stop OC my gun just as soon as the Gov disarms his protection detail and provides and me withy the same protection he has. Whereas I vote, I am far more valuable than the governor.

Thing is, SCOTUS says the police/gubermant have no responsibility for my personal protection, so just why are they responsible for protecting the governor?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ok... let them have those "rape whistles" ... see, I CAN compromise after all.

Your position is very compromising. Never said you could not - have indicated that you don't. You would seem to promote self over substance/facts/truth.

Ohio

Yeah, because they are just soooooo much safer than Virginia, or god forbid, Ohio.

LOL If those are what you call "safer" places, stay home. I have been to both many times and I find Virginia much safer even NOVA and their overflowing collection of Yankee refugees. And neither allow Open Carry like Virginia does.

The current governor is a Yankee refugee, and his terrible fear of guns, added to his political debt to Bloomers has driven him to this action. Remove those evil men in uniform that carry guns so he can start thinking logically for a change.

I don't think you understand my statement...I wasn't implying that those places were safer due to less crime, but rather that Delaware and Florida happen to allow me to carry, whereas Herring is telling me I cannot in Virginia. Therefore, I can protect myself and my family in those states, but NOT in Virginia.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think you understand my statement...I wasn't implying that those places were safer due to less crime, but rather that Delaware and Florida happen to allow me to carry, whereas Herring is telling me I cannot in Virginia. Therefore, I can protect myself and my family in those states, but NOT in Virginia.

What the gov't does not tell you is that you have a right to defend yourself and no regulations can be applied to that right.

Have Gun - Will Carry

What the gov't does not tell you is that you have a right to defend yourself and no regulations can be applied to that right.

That's great to hear! So that means you're on your way down to Virginia at this very moment, intending to OC into the Governor's and Atty General's offices in order to enlighten them regarding this epiphany, right? After all, according to you there is nothing they can do to you, because you have that right... right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like many forum members have already told you... either put your money where your mouth is, or shut the **** up before you mislead someone into believing your BS! :banghead:

va_tazdad

Whereas open carry IS legal in Va, your problem is solved. Just stay out of schools and gubermant buildings. (Neither of which most people go to on vacation.) ;>)

davidmcbeth

Banned
That's great to hear! So that means you're on your way down to Virginia at this very moment, intending to OC into the Governor's and Atty General's offices in order to enlighten them regarding this epiphany, right? After all, according to you there is nothing they can do to you, because you have that right... right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like many forum members have already told you... either put your money where your mouth is, or shut the **** up before you mislead someone into believing your BS! :banghead:

So you do not think we have the RKBA?

Have Gun - Will Carry

So you do not think we have the RKBA?

This isn't about what I think - this is about the claim you made. Since you seem to believe that "no regulations can be applied to that right", then you should be willing to put your own butt on the line. Go ahead. Test it out. If you're right, then you can rub all of our noses in it!

But if you're not willing to to put your own money, freedom, and non-felon status on the line to back up your own claim, then you lose all credibility. Period.

Oh, wait... I forgot. You can't lose what you never had...

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
This isn't about what I think - this is about the claim you made. Since you seem to believe that "no regulations can be applied to that right", then you should be willing to put your own butt on the line. Go ahead. Test it out. If you're right, then you can rub all of our noses in it!

But if you're not willing to to put your own money, freedom, and non-felon status on the line to back up your own claim, then you lose all credibility. Period.

Whenever I want to carry, I do. Like I did in Illinois years ago. And you did not answer my query ... is that because you think that our RKBA is not a right at all?

va_tazdad

LOL No, he never has. ;>)

Have Gun - Will Carry

Whenever I want to carry, I do. Like I did in Illinois years ago. And you did not answer my query ... is that because you think that our RKBA is not a right at all?

For the record, of course I believe we have a (near-absolute) right to KBA - you know, "shall not be infringed", and all that. But I also acknowledge the current political and social reality, which you seem to ignore. Now - enough of your attempts to distract me from this exchange, which deals with your actions (or lack of), not my beliefs.

Back on point... I couldn't care less what you claim that you did years ago in another state, I'm talking about right now. As I said before, if you are so certain that "no regulations can be applied to that right", then you should have no problem showing us all how it's done. Go ahead - walk into the Virginia or the Massachusetts Governor's office open carrying, and see how fast you'll be arrested! Or prove me wrong - that's up to you.

Until you do so, you're nothing but an internet dweeb posting from your mommy's basement, as far as I'm concerned. So basically, put up or shut up! Until and unless you do, this discussion is over.

And since we all know that will never happen... buh-bye!

davidmcbeth

Banned
For the record, of course I believe we have a (near-absolute) right to KBA - you know, "shall not be infringed", and all that......!

Back on point ... what do you mean by "near-absolute"? I assume that you choose not to exercise your RBKA to that standard. Why not? Why don't you do the things that you now demand of me? Odd...

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Exactly... that was my point! :lol:

Normally I refuse to engage trolls, but the way I see it, every so often this stuff needs to be said. Otherwise forum newbies and unregistered readers might start to believe his BS - or worse, think that the rest of us here are like him. :eek:

LOL Been there, done that myself with the troll. Just lately been letting others show how foolish and useless his "wisdom" truly is.

;>)

davidmcbeth

Banned
LOL Been there, done that myself with the troll. Just lately been letting others show how foolish and useless his "wisdom" truly is.

;>)

Another personal attack by the goofball tazdad .... not unexpected.

Desiring a yankee come down and solve his issues with his local gun laws because he cannot figure out how to do that himself. I'm not a teacher .. figure it out for yourself or remain ignorant...your ignorance is no concern of mine.