• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun sales = political action?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Will holiday gun sales translate to political action in 2016?

"To read the news about guns as gifts under Christmas trees across the country yesterday, the notion of America being well armed was reinforced in multiples, but will that translate to political activism in 2016?"

"The ball is clearly in the court of gun owners, who will need to rise to the occasion, and that means doing more than arguing on Internet forums. They will need to organize, attend caucus meetings, meet candidates, stay in contact with their state legislators and get directly involved because it’s their future at stake. Don’t let someone else decide that future for you."

http://www.examiner.com/article/wil...tical-action-2016?CID=examiner_alerts_article

scooter348

I couldn't agree more. There must be mobilization, organization, and a "get out the vote" push from ALL gun owners. What ever mistakes have occurred in the past that have lead us up to this point need to be acknowledged and never forgotten. But to sit aside and watch events unfold, as intimated by some on these forums, is a recipe for disaster and will probably lead to even more violations of our gun rights.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I couldn't agree more. There must be mobilization, organization, and a "get out the vote" push from ALL gun owners. What ever mistakes have occurred in the past that have lead us up to this point need to be acknowledged and never forgotten. But to sit aside and watch events unfold, as intimated by some on these forums, is a recipe for disaster and will probably lead to even more violations of our gun rights.
No more letting Mikey do it. We must each stand up to be counted. The time for action is now!