Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mark Herring.

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran Freeflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Yorktown VA, ,
    Posts
    306

    Mark Herring.

    Mark Herring posted this on his Facebook Page.

    Come join the fun on the comment section of this posting. Lots of liberals are applauding his decision...

    https://www.facebook.com/markherringva/?fref=ts


    Mark Herring
    December 24 at 5:40pm ·
    Virginia's legislature decided carrying a concealed weapon is a significant responsibility that will not be extended to people convicted of stalking, assault, DUI, multiple misdemeanors, to drug dealers or fugitives, or to people whose mental health status might make them dangerous. That makes sense. We will now apply that to everyone within our borders.
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

    Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

    Free Flight

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeflight View Post
    Mark Herring posted this on his Facebook Page.

    Come join the fun on the comment section of this posting. Lots of liberals are applauding his decision...

    https://www.facebook.com/markherringva/?fref=ts


    Mark Herring
    December 24 at 5:40pm ·
    Virginia's legislature decided carrying a concealed weapon is a significant responsibility that will not be extended to people convicted of stalking, assault, DUI, multiple misdemeanors, to drug dealers or fugitives, or to people whose mental health status might make them dangerous. That makes sense. We will now apply that to everyone within our borders.
    Beware the operative word there = might

    Note that such is not limited to those who have been determined/diagnosed to be a danger to themselves or others - simply all encompassing of everyone who might be dangerous. Could that include you and I? Gee wiz it might.

    That is a mighty broad brush there Master Herring.

    Then add his last sentence: "We will now apply that to everyone within our borders." Me thinks we are seeing the true colors of Mark Herring.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-27-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    I informed Herr Herring by email that when I visit family in nothern Virginia from Florida, I will be openly carrying instead of concealing. Hopefully, this pleases him since I'm no longer responsible enough to conceal under my Florida license after 2/1.

    I remarked in another thread that this will be good for Virginia in the long run, likely prompting straight recognition. This is rubbish to the somewhat childish "all or nothing" crowd, but it's another piece in the puzzle to widespread permitless carry.

    OTOH, NOVA will win, Va will be absorbed into Maryland and we'll see an east coast version of what's happening in Colorado.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I informed Herr Herring by email that when I visit family in nothern Virginia from Florida, I will be openly carrying instead of concealing. Hopefully, this pleases him since I'm no longer responsible enough to conceal under my Florida license after 2/1.

    I remarked in another thread that this will be good for Virginia in the long run, likely prompting straight recognition. This is rubbish to the somewhat childish "all or nothing" crowd, but it's another piece in the puzzle to widespread permitless carry.

    OTOH, NOVA will win, Va will be absorbed into Maryland and we'll see an east coast version of what's happening in Colorado.
    I see an open invitation to Constitutional Carry with our next governor.

    The Holy Grail is within sight and we will have McAwful and Herr Herring to thank.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I see an open invitation to Constitutional Carry with our next governor.

    The Holy Grail is within sight and we will have McAwful and Herr Herring to thank.
    Bold. But possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about gun rights, it's the bone the elites are throwing us more and more of since gun rights are more popular with the electorate. America will be the first national concentration camp with all the amenities and armed prisoners.

    Virginia should have put Cuccinelli in. Maybe he'll try again?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Bold. But possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about gun rights, it's the bone the elites are throwing us more and more of since gun rights are more popular with the electorate. America will be the first national concentration camp with all the amenities and armed prisoners.

    Virginia should have put Cuccinelli in. Maybe he'll try again?
    Ken disappointed too many people when he was AG and then compounded that by seemingly infriging on a trade name (a look alike) of an extremely popular member of our community.

    As a result he has unfortuneately become stale bread with many former supporters.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Cite to the claim that people convicted of even misdemeanor assault or DUI are disqualified please. EDIT* Found in another thread. Appears that only misdemeanor assault charges in VA are applicable. I had no idea this was the case since I've never looked into concealing here. Isn't this a bit...overreaching?

    See, they can get away with this because OC is still here. Once they regulate the bawls out of CC, then they will take OC and VA will just blend into DC. There will be no more "North of the Ni" unofficial distinction made. It will all be the same.

    ...unless we take action. I'm actually considering compromising my convictions and joining VCDL. What else can be done?
    Last edited by The Truth; 12-27-2015 at 11:15 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,606
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    --snipped-- I'm actually considering compromising my convictions and joining VCDL. What else can be done?
    You'd not be compromising - would be forming an alliance, joining forces, presenting a unified front, much common ground....and that is the truth

    What else? Lobby Day, individual contact w/legislators, LTE (media), educate people at every turn, beat the drum and blow the bugle, leave no tern unstoned.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Bold. But possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about gun rights, it's the bone the elites are throwing us more and more of since gun rights are more popular with the electorate. America will be the first national concentration camp with all the amenities and armed prisoners.

    Virginia should have put Cuccinelli in. Maybe he'll try again?
    Our rights are fine. It's the governments trying to oppress them is the problem.

    Don't need laws asking the gov't not to oppress a right ... it's kind of implied ... but people spend a lot of time asking for laws to be put on the books regarding a right which are immediately void when passed.

  10. #10
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Our rights are fine. It's the governments trying to oppress them is the problem.

    Don't need laws asking the gov't not to oppress a right ... it's kind of implied ... but people spend a lot of time asking for laws to be put on the books regarding a right which are immediately void when passed.
    How about regaling us with real-life experiences regarding all of those "voided" laws that you have broken ...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •