• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark Herring.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
Mark Herring posted this on his Facebook Page.

Come join the fun on the comment section of this posting. Lots of liberals are applauding his decision...

https://www.facebook.com/markherringva/?fref=ts

Mark Herring
December 24 at 5:40pm ·
Virginia's legislature decided carrying a concealed weapon is a significant responsibility that will not be extended to people convicted of stalking, assault, DUI, multiple misdemeanors, to drug dealers or fugitives, or to people whose mental health status might make them dangerous. That makes sense. We will now apply that to everyone within our borders.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Mark Herring posted this on his Facebook Page.

Come join the fun on the comment section of this posting. Lots of liberals are applauding his decision...

https://www.facebook.com/markherringva/?fref=ts

Mark Herring
December 24 at 5:40pm ·
Virginia's legislature decided carrying a concealed weapon is a significant responsibility that will not be extended to people convicted of stalking, assault, DUI, multiple misdemeanors, to drug dealers or fugitives, or to people whose mental health status might make them dangerous. That makes sense. We will now apply that to everyone within our borders.
Beware the operative word there = might

Note that such is not limited to those who have been determined/diagnosed to be a danger to themselves or others - simply all encompassing of everyone who might be dangerous. Could that include you and I? Gee wiz it might.

That is a mighty broad brush there Master Herring.
icon13.png

Then add his last sentence: "We will now apply that to everyone within our borders." Me thinks we are seeing the true colors of Mark Herring.

Last edited:

77zach

I informed Herr Herring by email that when I visit family in nothern Virginia from Florida, I will be openly carrying instead of concealing. Hopefully, this pleases him since I'm no longer responsible enough to conceal under my Florida license after 2/1.

I remarked in another thread that this will be good for Virginia in the long run, likely prompting straight recognition. This is rubbish to the somewhat childish "all or nothing" crowd, but it's another piece in the puzzle to widespread permitless carry.

OTOH, NOVA will win, Va will be absorbed into Maryland and we'll see an east coast version of what's happening in Colorado.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I informed Herr Herring by email that when I visit family in nothern Virginia from Florida, I will be openly carrying instead of concealing. Hopefully, this pleases him since I'm no longer responsible enough to conceal under my Florida license after 2/1.

I remarked in another thread that this will be good for Virginia in the long run, likely prompting straight recognition. This is rubbish to the somewhat childish "all or nothing" crowd, but it's another piece in the puzzle to widespread permitless carry.

OTOH, NOVA will win, Va will be absorbed into Maryland and we'll see an east coast version of what's happening in Colorado.
I see an open invitation to Constitutional Carry with our next governor.

The Holy Grail is within sight and we will have McAwful and Herr Herring to thank.

77zach

I see an open invitation to Constitutional Carry with our next governor.

The Holy Grail is within sight and we will have McAwful and Herr Herring to thank.

Bold. But possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about gun rights, it's the bone the elites are throwing us more and more of since gun rights are more popular with the electorate. America will be the first national concentration camp with all the amenities and armed prisoners.

Virginia should have put Cuccinelli in. Maybe he'll try again?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bold. But possible. I'm cautiously optimistic about gun rights, it's the bone the elites are throwing us more and more of since gun rights are more popular with the electorate. America will be the first national concentration camp with all the amenities and armed prisoners.

Ken disappointed too many people when he was AG and then compounded that by seemingly infriging on a trade name (a look alike) of an extremely popular member of our community.

As a result he has unfortuneately become stale bread with many former supporters.

The Truth

Cite to the claim that people convicted of even misdemeanor assault or DUI are disqualified please. EDIT* Found in another thread. Appears that only misdemeanor assault charges in VA are applicable. I had no idea this was the case since I've never looked into concealing here. Isn't this a bit...overreaching?

See, they can get away with this because OC is still here. Once they regulate the bawls out of CC, then they will take OC and VA will just blend into DC. There will be no more "North of the Ni" unofficial distinction made. It will all be the same.

...unless we take action. I'm actually considering compromising my convictions and joining VCDL. What else can be done?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped-- I'm actually considering compromising my convictions and joining VCDL. What else can be done?
You'd not be compromising - would be forming an alliance, joining forces, presenting a unified front, much common ground....and that is the truth :)

What else? Lobby Day, individual contact w/legislators, LTE (media), educate people at every turn, beat the drum and blow the bugle, leave no tern unstoned.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Our rights are fine. It's the governments trying to oppress them is the problem.

Don't need laws asking the gov't not to oppress a right ... it's kind of implied ... but people spend a lot of time asking for laws to be put on the books regarding a right which are immediately void when passed.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Our rights are fine. It's the governments trying to oppress them is the problem.

Don't need laws asking the gov't not to oppress a right ... it's kind of implied ... but people spend a lot of time asking for laws to be put on the books regarding a right which are immediately void when passed.

How about regaling us with real-life experiences regarding all of those "voided" laws that you have broken ...