Thread: tax collector's office

tax collector's office

is the tax collector office one of the off-limits federal government places for carry? can you carry there while getting a renewal license?

State Tax collector's office is not a "prohibited place". If it were housed in a courthouse or some place prohibited by federal law, then it would be I guess.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0790.06.html
    Last edited by 77zach; 12-27-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    is the tax collector office one of the off-limits federal government places for carry? can you carry there while getting a renewal license?
    Those are generally not Federal offices. They are municipal or county offices.

I've never even seen a "No Firearms" sign at any of them I've been into.

Most probably has something to do with "state preemption" I would suppose.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I've never even seen a "No Firearms" sign at any of them I've been into.

AD
    I have, and I ignored it since it was an illegal sign. It has since been taken down without asking.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

thanks guys!!!!