Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mom's Demand Action Meeting - Saturday January 16 Covington

Cool Mom's Demand Action Meeting - Saturday January 16 Covington

Hopefully this is a little more notice. Next walk is in Covington on the 16th

https://www.facebook.com/events/472719112915084/

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    For visibility, I'd post this as a new thread.

EDITED TO ADD: Note that the event is a "membership meeting", the content and placement of which (indoors or out) is not made clear.
    I am not sure what it means by "membership" but it is at a public library. Working on seeing if it is at a k-12 school like Westerport Road Louisville library is at Westport middle school.
    It LOOKS like a school type building with the drive-through type circle but the library has a "drive-thru" book service so maybe that's it. Other than that I can't see any school signs or weapons policy on their website.

http://www.kentonlibrary.org/aboutus

I do not see this in their calendar of events either
    http://kentonlibrary.evanced.info/si...tCalendar.aspx

And just so you know your rights
    http://www.kentonlibrary.org/wp-cont...ent-Policy.pdf
    Last edited by poetdante; 12-27-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    All meetings shall be open to the public.

https://www.kentonlibrary.org/aboutu...ests/covington

Main branch of the library, in downtown Covington. No school attached. Some years back, before a big remodel, they posted No Guns signs that referenced a non-existent city ordinance. I pointed that out to city/library officials and the signs were never seen again after the building's spruce up.

A decent size turnout from our side, coupled with recording devices, should short circuit any hassles. I will sure try to attend.

Honestly though it's hard to imagine MDA ever getting much traction in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Main branch of the library, in downtown Covington. No school attached. Some years back, before a big remodel, they posted No Guns signs that referenced a non-existent city ordinance. I pointed that out to city/library officials and the signs were never seen again after the building's spruce up.

A decent size turnout from our side, coupled with recording devices, should short circuit any hassles. I will sure try to attend.

Honestly though it's hard to imagine MDA ever getting much traction in Kentucky.
    So either OC or CC is okay there?

If I attend, it will be undercover.

Banned
    Maybe these mommies should focus on their mommie duties ... behind every mass murderer is a mommie.

poet, et al., why would a library have a 'harassment policy' which applies to patrons and how on earth would it be applied or enforced?

quote: Employees, patrons, vendors, volunteers, or other visitors are subject to this policy. unquote.

http://www.kentonlibrary.org/wp-cont...ent-Policy.pdf

just curious...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Founder's Club Member
    Forum member, NakedShopLifter, had a great solution to these mommy membership meetings.

He showed up to one meeting of the million panty-wetter marchers with a video recorder. It was a public library, and as such, open to all comers, don't ya know.

Well, the chief lady-liar gave her spiel. But, the invited guest--an anti-gun lawyer who had hung his hat on the Brady campaign peg--refused to speak in front of the video camera. His excuse was something about copyright or some such. Of course, the real reason was he didn't want to be on record with his exaggerations and alterations.

The meeting was very tense. The chief panty-wetter went ahead with her spiel--hey!, if you're gonna make baseless assertions and wild distortions, you're not gonna let a video camera slow you down.

The hilarious outcome of NakedShopLifter's videography was that their next meeting was held in a church where they could exclude open carriers. Not much was heard from that bunch of anti-gunners after that.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    So either OC or CC is okay there?

If I attend, it will be undercover.
    If I recall correctly you are quite hard to miss

I have been in there 3 or 4 times in the pass 4 years OC nothing was ever said to me.

Mike D

Quote Originally Posted by poetdante View Post
    If I recall correctly you are quite hard to miss
    This is true! That's why I said "it" will be undercover.

Just a heads up: This library seems to serve very much as a daycare for the local homeless* population. Some of them have psychological and/or pharmaceutical issues. I'm not trying to warn anybody away, just a heads up for those of you not greatly familiar with big urban environments, no offense intended. Covington normally has a detail cop in the library, so issues are more likely outside the building than inside.

*Some are truly on the street, others are just gaming us taxpayers and have a roof over their heads. Hence I hesitate to use the 'H' word sometimes.

Just a heads up: This library seems to serve very much as a daycare for the local homeless* population. Some of them have psychological and/or pharmaceutical issues. I'm not trying to warn anybody away, just a heads up for those of you not greatly familiar with big urban environments, no offense intended. Covington normally has a detail cop in the library, so issues are more likely outside the building than inside.

*Some are truly on the street, others are just gaming us taxpayers and have a roof over their heads. Hence I hesitate to use the 'H' word sometimes.
    So, what you are saying is, if open carrying, using a retention type holster in that part of town would be wise?

Is it an actual daycare facility? If so I do not think we can CC?

KRS 237.110 (17)
    The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business
    enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed
    family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility
    licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing,
    may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying
    concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not
    authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from
    carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer.

Is it an actual daycare facility? If so I do not think we can CC?

KRS 237.110 (17)
    The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business
    enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed
    family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility
    licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing,
    may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying
    concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not
    authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from
    carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer.
    No, no, no, it's not LITERALLY a damn daycare center, it's just a library!

Oh my gosh I got to watch using creative flair in my writing. So easy for someone to take it the wrong way! (This mix up is sort of funny too, no offense intended.)

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So, what you are saying is, if open carrying, using a retention type holster in that part of town would be wise?
    Yeah I was sort of hinting that way, but we're all supposed to be grown up enough to make our own choices. You know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Brian D.; 12-28-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

Both OC and CC are legal in that building.
    Yes, I know, but I'd be going to the meeting "undercover", if you know what I mean!
    Last edited by BB62; 12-28-2015 at 12:07 PM.

Brain fart on my end for asking about the daycare status. Forgot what gushot said and Brian about already OC'ing there

Brain fart on my end for asking about the daycare status. Forgot what gushot said and Brian about already OC'ing there
    No apology needed I actually was laughing about it. Still am, amazing how miscommunications can just pop up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post

When speaking face to face or even on the phone, vocal inflection, facial expression and body language can give a lot of help to understanding. All of that is lost when writing, especially in this shorthand like method. It often leads to misunderstandings.
    That's why they invented smiley faces....

But, the court systems have not adopted the use of smiley faces when filing complaints, motions and etc.....

I plan on attending while open carrying. We need to organize and plan on a meeting location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long term weather forecast is a high of 38 Deg. F. cloudy with occasional snow and flurries.

Dress accordingly...

Anything new?

Nothing new so far. A few more shares on their FB page but no commenting or changes. I agree, there should probably be a meeting place beforehand. Maybe talk things over lunch around 11am so we have plenty of time before the 1pm protest? I'm a huge fan of qdoba but maybe something lighter. Anyone know of some good places in the area?

Like to get a head count. 4 or 5 would be OK, more would be a lot better. A high of 34 degs.

Count me in. Maybe my fiance will come too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast