• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mom's Demand Action Meeting - Saturday January 16 Covington

poetdante

Hopefully this is a little more notice. Next walk is in Covington on the 16th

https://www.facebook.com/events/472719112915084/

For visibility, I'd post this as a new thread.

EDITED TO ADD: Note that the event is a "membership meeting", the content and placement of which (indoors or out) is not made clear.

I am not sure what it means by "membership" but it is at a public library. Working on seeing if it is at a k-12 school like Westerport Road Louisville library is at Westport middle school.
It LOOKS like a school type building with the drive-through type circle but the library has a "drive-thru" book service so maybe that's it. Other than that I can't see any school signs or weapons policy on their website.

http://www.kentonlibrary.org/aboutus

I do not see this in their calendar of events either
http://kentonlibrary.evanced.info/signup/EventCalendar.aspx

And just so you know your rights
http://www.kentonlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Harassment-Policy.pdf

Last edited:

Brian D.

Main branch of the library, in downtown Covington. No school attached. Some years back, before a big remodel, they posted No Guns signs that referenced a non-existent city ordinance. I pointed that out to city/library officials and the signs were never seen again after the building's spruce up.

A decent size turnout from our side, coupled with recording devices, should short circuit any hassles. I will sure try to attend.

Honestly though it's hard to imagine MDA ever getting much traction in Kentucky.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Main branch of the library, in downtown Covington. No school attached. Some years back, before a big remodel, they posted No Guns signs that referenced a non-existent city ordinance. I pointed that out to city/library officials and the signs were never seen again after the building's spruce up.

A decent size turnout from our side, coupled with recording devices, should short circuit any hassles. I will sure try to attend.

Honestly though it's hard to imagine MDA ever getting much traction in Kentucky.
So either OC or CC is okay there?

If I attend, it will be undercover. :cool:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Forum member, NakedShopLifter, had a great solution to these mommy membership meetings.

He showed up to one meeting of the million panty-wetter marchers with a video recorder. It was a public library, and as such, open to all comers, don't ya know.

Well, the chief lady-liar gave her spiel. But, the invited guest--an anti-gun lawyer who had hung his hat on the Brady campaign peg--refused to speak in front of the video camera. His excuse was something about copyright or some such. Of course, the real reason was he didn't want to be on record with his exaggerations and alterations.

The meeting was very tense. The chief panty-wetter went ahead with her spiel--hey!, if you're gonna make baseless assertions and wild distortions, you're not gonna let a video camera slow you down.

The hilarious outcome of NakedShopLifter's videography was that their next meeting was held in a church where they could exclude open carriers. Not much was heard from that bunch of anti-gunners after that.

ps1mhd

I have been in there 3 or 4 times in the pass 4 years OC nothing was ever said to me.

Mike D

Brian D.

Just a heads up: This library seems to serve very much as a daycare for the local homeless* population. Some of them have psychological and/or pharmaceutical issues. I'm not trying to warn anybody away, just a heads up for those of you not greatly familiar with big urban environments, no offense intended. Covington normally has a detail cop in the library, so issues are more likely outside the building than inside.

*Some are truly on the street, others are just gaming us taxpayers and have a roof over their heads. Hence I hesitate to use the 'H' word sometimes.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Just a heads up: This library seems to serve very much as a daycare for the local homeless* population. Some of them have psychological and/or pharmaceutical issues. I'm not trying to warn anybody away, just a heads up for those of you not greatly familiar with big urban environments, no offense intended. Covington normally has a detail cop in the library, so issues are more likely outside the building than inside.

*Some are truly on the street, others are just gaming us taxpayers and have a roof over their heads. Hence I hesitate to use the 'H' word sometimes.
So, what you are saying is, if open carrying, using a retention type holster in that part of town would be wise?

poetdante

Is it an actual daycare facility? If so I do not think we can CC?

KRS 237.110 (17)
The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business
enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed
family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility
licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing,
may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying
concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not
authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from
carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer.

Brian D.

Is it an actual daycare facility? If so I do not think we can CC?

KRS 237.110 (17)
The owner, business or commercial lessee, or manager of a private business
enterprise, day-care center as defined in KRS 199.894 or certified or licensed
family child-care home as defined in KRS 199.8982, or a health-care facility
licensed under KRS Chapter 216B, except facilities renting or leasing housing,
may prohibit persons holding concealed deadly weapon licenses from carrying
concealed deadly weapons on the premises and may prohibit employees, not
authorized by the employer, holding concealed deadly weapons licenses from
carrying concealed deadly weapons on the property of the employer.

No, no, no, it's not LITERALLY a damn daycare center, it's just a library!

Oh my gosh I got to watch using creative flair in my writing. So easy for someone to take it the wrong way! (This mix up is sort of funny too, no offense intended.)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

When speaking face to face or even on the phone, vocal inflection, facial expression and body language can give a lot of help to understanding. All of that is lost when writing, especially in this shorthand like method. It often leads to misunderstandings.
That's why they invented smiley faces....

But, the court systems have not adopted the use of smiley faces when filing complaints, motions and etc.....