• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auburn Police SUV w/ "Patrol Rifle" Stolen

decklin

How come when it's in the hands of a citizen it's an assault rifle? Then in the hands of an officer it's magically a patrol rifle or even, gasp, just a rifle?
Where are the calls for police to have better control over their equipment? Apparently an unlocked SUV behind a 4 foot fence is "secure".
My favorite part of the article:
"Hirman confirmed that there was a loaded police rifle inside the vehicle, but unless the thief knew some secure information, the crook would not be able to access and use the gun."

Secure information? Like what? Knowing how to use the drill he stole from Home Depot? He could probably just use a rock too.
http://q13fox.com/2015/12/27/auburn-police-suv-stolen-from-parking-lot-rifle-inside/

solus

i find it curious your article stated there was cam coverage but...quote:...but they haven't reviewed the video yet. unquote.

i'm sorry you report the loss to the news outlets w/o reviewing the cam footage to see if they have a perp to include with the news release?

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
i find it curious your article stated there was cam coverage but...quote:...but they haven't reviewed the video yet. unquote.

i'm sorry you report the loss to the news outlets w/o reviewing the cam footage to see if they have a perp to include with the news release?

ipse

"delete, delete, DELEEEEETE !"

golddigger14s

Activist Member
When it belongs to a cop, it's a "Patrol Rifle".
When it belongs to me, it's an "Assault Rifle" scary and a dealer of death to all.