• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McArthur bans all firearms, 'deadly weapons' in Wyman Park

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I think they are in for a rude awakening.

McArthur is a village in Vinton County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,701 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Vinton County.

This little town is small enough that in the end we could own it. Then we could secede from the state and become a country. Today McArthur, tomorrow the world.

What's that??? I was talking in my sleep.....

MyWifeSaidYes

I would visit there but its a 6 hour round trip for me:eek:
If there was enough people going I would try to make it...

I'm less than half an hour away.

I'll be talking to them in the morning.

If they don't want to fix this immediately, I'll be open carrying in Wyman Park in the early afternoon.

With any luck, I'll have a minor misdemeanor charge by the end of the business day.

I've heard about these legal terms called 'harm' and 'standing' and a few others.

I don't intend to do anything illegal and I'M SURE the Village of McArthur won't do anything illegal, either. :rolleyes:

If it does all go to heck, plan for an open carry rally on the 3rd Wednesday of January. The village council meets that day at 7pm.

MyWifeSaidYes

Do they not understand the law in Ohio?

There is a difference between understanding the law and even knowing the law exists.

That's the problem. Being a General Law of the state, firearms preemption is listed with other General Laws. It's not listed in the section of law regarding municipal corporations and what they can do.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is a difference between understanding the law and even knowing the law exists.

That's the problem. Being a General Law of the state, firearms preemption is listed with other General Laws. It's not listed in the section of law regarding municipal corporations and what they can do.
And ignorance of the law is..................no excuse :p

ADulay

Do as we did in Florida when the local city and county governments "forgot" about state preemption.

Send them a letter explaining the law. Wait for the "ban" to be rescinded.

If they don't, they are doing something "against the law" and you may plan accordingly.

AD

JustaShooter

Do as we did in Florida when the local city and county governments "forgot" about state preemption.

Send them a letter explaining the law. Wait for the "ban" to be rescinded.

If they don't, they are doing something "against the law" and you may plan accordingly.

Trust us, MyWifeSaidYes is well-versed in dealing with such scoff-law municipalities. When he picks up the scent, I just grab some popcorn and sit back and watch the show... :cool:

Brian D.

So, MyWifeSaidYes, did you visit a McArthur park yesterday? And....wait for it....did you leave your cake out in the rain?

Donna Summer reference aside, please tell us what happened, even those of us who know wouldn't mind reading it again.

Last edited: