Thread: How do you store your handguns?

How do you store your handguns?

Spring valley is just down the road from Ellsworth where a group of teens stole valuables among other things handguns. Now I believe that not everybody who owns handguns actually bears them. This may be the case here. We OCers I hope have educated ourselves to properly store our handguns where it can be retrieved quickly when needed as FIREARMS wrote about in another post. Now I am not telling you all to give up your secrets but I bet you would not come home and put your weapon in a shed on your property possibly a few yards away from your home. This was the case in Spring valley. This incident confirms my suspicion that many handgun owners simply don't use common sense and contribute to the problem of stolen guns in criminal hands or worst someone getting killed accidentally. I hope that in our training for the CCL the instructors focus on handgun storage that is safe and yet we can access it quickly when needed or not. There were 2-357 Mag revolvers, a 45cal pistol and 2-22 caliber pistols stolen from all places a shed. This hits close to home for me. I have heard of all sorts of accidents happening by irresponsible handgun owners. Now who in this forum comes home and puts his handgun away in a shed and goes to bed. I am just shaking my head. If those guns had not been recovered could have been used to commit crimes.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/ne...ictims-funeral
    Last edited by Law abider; 12-31-2015 at 03:27 PM.

A dog's breakfast of opinion ...

... is what Wisconsin's gun safety training will become. Maybe some legislator will write a bill criminalizing such practices, you know, just to make sure everybody is safe.

Note that good faith immunity from liability is lost for training not IAW Wisc. Stats. 175.60(4) TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    ... is what Wisconsin's gun safety training will become. Maybe some legislator will write a bill criminalizing such practices, you know, just to make sure everybody is safe.

Note that good faith immunity from liability is lost for training not IAW Wisc. Stats. 175.60(4) TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
    Good point to highlight and another reason why I don't think that required safety courses for our RKBA can be required for anyone for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Good point to highlight and another reason why I don't think that required safety courses for our RKBA can be required for anyone for any reason.
    +1 I bet some states and cities already require the 'proper' and required method to store handguns at home