Thread: "Spontaneous" performance - Tribute to military with Christmas/New Year Theme

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

"Spontaneous" performance - Tribute to military with Christmas/New Year Theme

I flash mob, 'spontaneous' performance by an Air Force band at Union Station at high noon to celebrate the holidays and as a tribute to the 'greatest generation.'

Note the performers were dressed in the style and uniforms of the era. Turn up your speakers and enjoy.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDispla...px?source=GovD

Off topic and anti military posts/comments will be deleted and infractions accessed as deemed warranted.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-31-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: fixed title
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    That video took me back to a place I haven't been in a long time.

Believe if you will, I used to do all of those acrobatic jitterbug moves/dance steps as a high school student back in that day.

Had relatives in the Army, Army Air Corps (later the Air Force), and Navy during WWll - a lot of pride and belief in those young men. To slight or insult one of them was to incur the wrath of the entire town.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

My father served in the US Army Air Corps during WW2, before I was born. I do remember seeing them clear ball room floors when I was young.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump