• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Spontaneous" performance - Tribute to military with Christmas/New Year Theme

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Spontaneous" performance - Tribute to military with Christmas/New Year Theme

I flash mob, 'spontaneous' performance by an Air Force band at Union Station at high noon to celebrate the holidays and as a tribute to the 'greatest generation.'

Note the performers were dressed in the style and uniforms of the era. Turn up your speakers and enjoy.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDispl...ommuters-at-dc-train-station.aspx?source=GovD

Off topic and anti military posts/comments will be deleted and infractions accessed as deemed warranted.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That video took me back to a place I haven't been in a long time.:)

Believe if you will, I used to do all of those acrobatic jitterbug moves/dance steps as a high school student back in that day.

Had relatives in the Army, Army Air Corps (later the Air Force), and Navy during WWll - a lot of pride and belief in those young men. To slight or insult one of them was to incur the wrath of the entire town.

WalkingWolf

My father served in the US Army Air Corps during WW2, before I was born. I do remember seeing them clear ball room floors when I was young.