Thread: Retention Holster. What level do you guys use?

Retention Holster. What level do you guys use?

I just wondered what level of retention everybody uses.

Quote Originally Posted by nshaw65 View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...y-safely/page3

might start here...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    level 1 when CCing.

Level 1 or Level 2 Opening carrying. All depending, but no more than Level 2.

If I thought I needed more than Level 2 then I am CCing Level 1.
    Last edited by color of law; 12-31-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Nuthin less than ten...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I prefer some type of positive retention other then just gravity or friction.

Thumb breaks, SERPA type locks ect.

When doing harder physical activities where chances of losing a firearm are higher a lanyard is also useful.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

CCW friction and concealment. OC SERPA with trigger guard latch, adjustable friction and straight draw required.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    Good idea, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Welcome to OCDO nshaw, I hope you enjoy your stay. Good info from a great number of knowledgeable individuals and a few smart a$$ comments from perpetual whiners.

Always ask the question, nothing, that is nothing is dumb if you need info.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nshaw65 View Post
    On what scale? There are several different scales in use. Go figure.

When I CC or OC during humid weather I use a Safariland ALS holster (Synthetic lined with suede with the thumb-release that locks into the ejection port.). I'm either carrying a hard-chromed 1911 commander or a Glock 19, and I find this holster to be comfortable and very secure. For dressing up or 'Sunday BBQ' carry I have a floral-carved El Paso Double Agent (for the commander)holster, leather, suede lined, with a tension screw at the trigger guard. Very comfortable, and it has dual slots so I can carry it strong-side or cross-draw. It's level 1 (friction) retention, so I guess if someone grabbed at it there could be a potential loss of the weapon.