Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Any time that OpenCarry.org is down you can check the status at ...

  1. #1
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Any time that OpenCarry.org is down you can check the status at ...

    http://status.opencarry.org/

    This service will allow us to communicate with you in the future if there are incidents such as the DDOS attack that our hosting provider has suffered over the last few days.

    Thanks!


    John

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098
    Any idea who was doing it? I was dropping links to the site all over the place the last few days, while debating idiots on the new Texas laws. I hope that wasn't a contributing factor....

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    31
    Had to share that confession. I should pass it around also!

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    http://status.opencarry.org/

    This service will allow us to communicate with you in the future if there are incidents such as the DDOS attack that our hosting provider has suffered over the last few days.

    Thanks!


    John
    Thank You, I thought at first my computer was broke, or the IP provider had blocked your site.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  5. #5
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735
    No one here was at fault. Linode's data centers around the world have been under sustained and sophisticated attacks for over a week and the outages affected thousands of websites.

    There is a lot of speculation as to who did it. Just Google "linode DDOS attack" and read some of the comments.

    The good news is that we are back up for now.


    John

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Been suffering a new malady - computer interuptus. Causes digestive problems, increases the blood pressure, and generally contributes to overt grouchiness. Only respite is shutting down and going to sleep for a spell.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Been suffering a new malady - computer interuptus. Causes digestive problems, increases the blood pressure, and generally contributes to overt grouchiness. Only respite is shutting down and going to sleep for a spell.
    Obama did say he was going after guns this year.

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3379179/posts

    The National Rifle Association doesnt shoot straight when it comes to documenting its lobbying and political activities, filing tax forms for years that were littered with information gaps and apparent falsehoods, a Post review of the filings found

    Shots across the bow?

    Controlling speech, the dissemination of information and dissent. would help their cause a lot.

    Just saying
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Networking Security 101: Responding to Attacks

    If nations, particularly their media, followed these rules, there would likely be no terrorism at all.

    Rule #1: Never let them see you sweat. Doing this only lets the attacker know of his/her/their success. It only serves to further encourage the attacker and others. Instead of providing any details, just post a note somewhere that mentions "temporary service outages."

    Rule #2: Never publicly acknowledge the attacker. Doing so only feeds the notoriety which the attacker craves. This thread isn't helping.

    Rule #3: Cooperate with the authorities to the maximum extent possible. They can't take the bad guys off the streets without the computer forensics evidence required for lawful prosecution.

    Rule #4: Understand that as customers, some network outages are caused by physical breakdowns, others by logic (programming) breakdowns, and still others by cyber terrorists.

    Again, drawing attention to their activities in any way, shape, manner, or form only encourages them further.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  9. #9
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    If nations, particularly their media, followed these rules, there would likely be no terrorism at all.
    Rule #1: Never let them see you sweat. Doing this only lets the attacker know of his/her/their success. It only serves to further encourage the attacker and others. Instead of providing any details, just post a note somewhere that mentions "temporary service outages."
    Rule #2: Never publicly acknowledge the attacker. Doing so only feeds the notoriety which the attacker craves. This thread isn't helping.
    Rule #3: Cooperate with the authorities to the maximum extent possible. They can't take the bad guys off the streets without the computer forensics evidence required for lawful prosecution.
    Rule #4: Understand that as customers, some network outages are caused by physical breakdowns, others by logic (programming) breakdowns, and still others by cyber terrorists.
    Again, drawing attention to their activities in any way, shape, manner, or form only encourages them further.
    was stated when ted turner started his 24 hour news concept. however, the 30+/- shock and awe sound bite the citizens in this society hear, causes your rules to be violated ~ constantly!!

    i still smile/chuckle remembering when the foreign (read US) news crews gave money to Teheran's children & male citizens to throw stones at the embassy during the sieges of the 70's so the news crews had something to report.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-10-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    Degraded performance

    502 errors and very slow
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    502 errors and very slow
    It was down here as well and Tapatalk wouldnt load but it's back now
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •