• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip through VA

YERDADDY

I'm in Raleigh, NC. Not a long time open carrier. I had a CCW permit when I first moved here 15 years ago but let it expire. I got back in the spirit a few months back and now I OC. No problems here at home yet. Saturday after Christmas we left for WV where I'm from. Strapped on my FNH FNX9 in a Safariland. Just after we crossed the VA line we all needed to void bladders, and got off at exit 14 off I77 and found a Subway at a gas station. Just so happened it was around lunchtime and swear to god there was like 12 cop cars parked there. Went in the station to find the bathroom, line for both Men's and Women's. Went next door to the Subway to try, line there too. Sat with my son near the bathroom door to wait directly in front of 6 to 8 cops having lunch at a table. No funny looks, no comments, no nothing. We finished our business, went back out to the car where I stood having a cigarette while the wife got us some sandwiches. Several more cops arrived and entered the Subway. I swear every cop in that county had to be there, City, County Sheriffs, and State Patrolmen. As we were waiting for the old lady to come out with our lunch, the 6 or so that were there when we first arrived started coming out and as I was parked right in front of the door they came out just a few feet from me. A couple of them looked me in the eye and smiled and gave a "how's it going?" "how are you all?" to which I had to answer "awesome!". No drama, no nothing. Stopped in WV a couple times before I made it home, too. Non-eventful, good trip. God bless America!

FBrinson

I'm in Raleigh, NC. Not a long time open carrier. I had a CCW permit when I first moved here 15 years ago but let it expire. I got back in the spirit a few months back and now I OC. No problems here at home yet. Saturday after Christmas we left for WV where I'm from. Strapped on my FNH FNX9 in a Safariland. Just after we crossed the VA line we all needed to void bladders, and got off at exit 14 off I77 and found a Subway at a gas station. Just so happened it was around lunchtime and swear to god there was like 12 cop cars parked there. Went in the station to find the bathroom, line for both Men's and Women's. Went next door to the Subway to try, line there too. Sat with my son near the bathroom door to wait directly in front of 6 to 8 cops having lunch at a table. No funny looks, no comments, no nothing. We finished our business, went back out to the car where I stood having a cigarette while the wife got us some sandwiches. Several more cops arrived and entered the Subway. I swear every cop in that county had to be there, City, County Sheriffs, and State Patrolmen. As we were waiting for the old lady to come out with our lunch, the 6 or so that were there when we first arrived started coming out and as I was parked right in front of the door they came out just a few feet from me. A couple of them looked me in the eye and smiled and gave a "how's it going?" "how are you all?" to which I had to answer "awesome!". No drama, no nothing. Stopped in WV a couple times before I made it home, too. Non-eventful, good trip. God bless America!

Nice 1st post! Welcome to OCDO, stick around!

solus

welcome to the Tarheel world of OC and when you wish to get OC together at five guys or highway 55 hollar...

ipse

solus

5 Guys on 55 exactly where?

5 guys OR a highway 55 ...both are national burger joints who are firearm friendly.

sorry for my confusion in my original post.

ipse

ps, PM if you wish to schedule lunch or early dinner...