• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little new found respect for Dan Patrick? On Meet the Press

stealthyeliminator

Dan Patrick went on Meet the Press to discuss the new OC laws.

Wow. For not having a "perfect" stance on the issues, I was impressed with the fervor with which he defended both open carry and lowering the bar for being able to obtain and carry firearms for self defense.

It is a Facebook video. You *should* be able to view it without logging in, as I was able to. Hopefully it works for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.patrick.texas/videos/10153169643541836

Edit: News link provided by KBCraig below, if preferred over a FB link: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...ople-have-guns--bad-guys-dont-go-595044931600

Last edited:

qednick

We need to strike while the iron's hot in 2017 (for unlicensed carry).

BTW Stealthy, haven't seen you post any OC experiences yet. Have you been hiding in a hole since Jan 1st?? ;)

HPmatt

Compare Obama's non-logical arguments to Dan Patrick. Difference between the Truth and Hope (people fall for my 'keep your Dr' lies again).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Stealthy, haven't seen you post any OC experiences yet. Have you been hiding in a hole since Jan 1st?? ;)

I know you were just playing; this is for other readers.

Stealthy and I have traded a few PM's.

His commitment to freedom and his faith (is there any difference?) are, to me, beyond doubt anymore.

stealthyeliminator

We need to strike while the iron's hot in 2017 (for unlicensed carry).

BTW Stealthy, haven't seen you post any OC experiences yet. Have you been hiding in a hole since Jan 1st?? ;)
I don't get out much ;)

I've not yet decided whether or not I'll be a regular contributor to the "experiences" documentation project. I understand the importance of it - non-events are too easily ignored and forgotten by the masses, and having swaths of documentation of open carry without any issues can make an undeniable point when advocating for liberty in gun rights - but I'm not sure whether or not sharing my experiences is 'for me.'

Thank you for the non-FB link, I added it to the OP so people can skip the FB one if they so desire ;)

I know you were just playing; this is for other readers.

Stealthy and I have traded a few PM's.

His commitment to freedom and his faith (is there any difference?) are, to me, beyond doubt anymore.

Thank you for the kind words, friend.

qednick

I don't get out much ;)
I've not yet decided whether or not I'll be a regular contributor to the "experiences" documentation project. I understand the importance of it - non-events are too easily ignored and forgotten by the masses, and having swaths of documentation of open carry without any issues can make an undeniable point when advocating for liberty in gun rights - but I'm not sure whether or not sharing my experiences is 'for me.'

No explanation required buddy. Citizen was correct...I was just yanking your chain. ;) To me, the importance of posting experiences is to let others know what to expect, especially at certain locations. I know a lot of people "lurk", or they join but don't really post anything, so I really direct my experiences at everybody and not just regular members here.
Plus, it's fun to now have a real TX OC experiences thread--we were late to the party :)