Thread: Uh-Oh Congo ! At it again...anyone in NY follow any of their gun laws?

Banned

Uh-Oh Congo ! At it again...anyone in NY follow any of their gun laws?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    According to this story from thetruthaboutguns.com, lawmakers from Brooklyn announced two proposed amendments to the package of firearms laws would limit how much ammunition New York residents could buy at a time.

This story from brooklyneagle.com says the legislation would also “prevent gun dealers from selling ammunition for a firearms to anyone not authorized to have such a weapon.”
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    According to this story from thetruthaboutguns.com, lawmakers from Brooklyn announced two proposed amendments to the package of firearms laws would limit how much ammunition New York residents could buy at a time.

This story from brooklyneagle.com says the legislation would also “prevent gun dealers from selling ammunition for a firearms to anyone not authorized to have such a weapon.”
    I like the ones where you can only buy ammo for guns you already own....I like to know ammo is available before I buy a gun (or get stuck with that mag-fed 12 ga shotgun)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I like the ones where you can only buy ammo for guns you already own....I like to know ammo is available before I buy a gun (or get stuck with that mag-fed 12 ga shotgun)
    Who said that the availablity of ammunition could not be researched....even in NY?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Who said that the availablity of ammunition could not be researched....even in NY?
    Which comes first....the gun or the ammo?

Maybe people want to buy the ammo before the gun ... why not?

To limit people to have to buy the gun before ammo can be bought is crazy.