Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WalMart Workers on Pistol Patrol

WalMart Workers on Pistol Patrol

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...xans-tote-guns

Managers at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Texas have a new task to add to their list of duties: asking customers if they have a permit to carry a handgun.

To comply with state liquor rules, the world’s biggest retailer sent a written notice last month to stores that sell alcohol, telling managers to ensure that customers who openly carry firearms under a new law have licenses. Cashiers or door greeters who see someone with a gun are to alert the highest-ranking employee, who is to approach the customer and ask to see the paperwork.
    Gun control advocates protest outside Wal-Mart
    Gun control advocates protest outside Wal-Mart
    Photographer: Christopher Capozziello/Getty Images

“We do try to ensure that people have a licensed firearm,” said Wal-Mart spokesman Brian Nick. “We are giving direction to our store employees to ask for a license as our management sees appropriate.”

The notice was sent out in anticipation of the Lone Star State’s open-carry law, which went into effect Jan. 1. It made Texas the nation’s most populous state to allow citizens with a permit to carry handguns openly in a holster.

..snip..

Is there statutory foundation for this in Texas law?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shs no evil.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	12905

.205 ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-06-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Are their parking lot employees making sure everyone has a driver's license, too? This is ridiculous.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Heh. Whodathunk that there would be a REAL use for those Concealed Carry badges. lol
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Only Texas WalMarts are doing this cuz they make a butt-load of money off of booze sales. Blame your legislature for giving you TX Booze Thugs the authority to revoke a booze license. TX Booze Thugs are the ones stating that a OC'd gun is defacto proof of a non-permit holder walking into their store.

Boycott WalMart...somehow I don't think they will loose much sleep over a few gun nuts trying to find someplace else that is not subject to TX Booze Thugs.

Much ado about nothing. In a few months the "checks" will likely no occur unless TX Booze Thugs start to hassle your local booze supplier.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Well I've been in couple times clearly OC and nobody asked me for papers. Haven't seen or heard anything else on the interspleb either. Not sure if this article is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Only Texas WalMarts are doing this cuz they make a butt-load of money off of booze sales. Blame your legislature for giving you TX Booze Thugs the authority to revoke a booze license. TX Booze Thugs are the ones stating that a OC'd gun is defacto proof of a non-permit holder walking into their store.

Boycott WalMart...somehow I don't think they will loose much sleep over a few gun nuts trying to find someplace else that is not subject to TX Booze Thugs.

Much ado about nothing. In a few months the "checks" will likely no occur unless TX Booze Thugs start to hassle your local booze supplier.
    It will take time. If liberal WI is a little more respectful towards 2A I am sure Red Texas will surpass us pronto! Here in WI I OC into a liquor store all the time, including walmart. No questions asked. It is a matter of 'getting used to' attitude. We really need a billionaire on our side who will shell out money to restore our 2A, original intent, in the courts, but we don't have them.

Banned

Name:	1362819787_8876_James_bond_sean_njbid.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	12906

Here's mine ... you may copy and show them this if you wish
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-06-2016 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Name:	1362819787_8876_James_bond_sean_njbid.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	12906

Here's mine ... you may copy and show them this if you wish
    That's expired

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qednick View Post
    Not sure if this article is BS.
    Yes, probably.

The TABC is really stupid, like to play puppeteer with their licensees, but I don't think they're this stupid. I think there's an old rule from before that might need to be changed. If there is, I suspect it will be changed. Unofficial channels suggest the TABC does not expect their licensees to verify OCers LTCs.
    Advocate freedom please

I personally ask are you a LEO and when they said no I say have nice day.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    That's expired
    welcome to the chaos and fun dan...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

they are only partially to blame...where are those kind grassroots folks, darn even the NRA to help the nice legislators do their jobs.

sigh...wonder if this also will nationally through wally worlds...sorry, wasn't there something posted in NM about something similar having to do w/adult beverages?

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    they are only partially to blame...where are those kind grassroots folks, darn even the NRA to help the nice legislators do their jobs.

sigh...wonder if this also will nationally through wally worlds...sorry, wasn't there something posted in NM about something similar having to do w/adult beverages?

ipse
    Yeah but in NM you can't OC into any place that sells alcohol which includes most WalMarts, gas stations, grocery stores, and many many restaurants. You can only CC and with a valid license. In many respects, despite the shortcomings of the new TX law, we can at least OC into many more places than our NM cousins.

I honestly think this piece is BS. I mean...it's on Bloomberg. I'm not going to put any weight into it until I'm proven otherwise.

i know that one is not required to have a consensual encounter/conversation with a cop or ex-cop. Indeed, neither must one have a non-consensual conversation with a cop or ex-cop for our Fifth Amendment Rights.

Can one as well ignore a greeter? It seems they have only the alternatives of "Welcome" or "You are trespassed."

Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    That's expired
    Many here are waiting for that status to encompass his membership to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Can one as well ignore a greeter? It seems they have only the alternatives of "Welcome" or "You are trespassed."
    Not entirely sure how I would feel about it if it turns out to be true. There's no Krogers around here and the only other pro-OC grocery store option for me is Lowes Market...which [the entire store] would probably fit in WalMart's break room.

They have no authority to demand ID, they only have authority to trespass. I would treat the requests the same as the receipt requests, decline. Then it is up to them to trespass the shopper and lose business, and probably perishables in the cart. Not sure if it is true, but a service desk employee told me that any perishable items in a cart have to be trashed. So I suggest picking them up first when shopping. Or show them this~~

I will sent an email to Wally World threatening to take my business elsewhere for how LAC in Texas are being treated.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-06-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They have no authority to demand ID, they only have authority to trespass. I would treat the requests the same as the receipt requests, decline. Then it is up to them to trespass the shopper and lose business, and probably perishables in the cart. Not sure if it is true, but a service desk employee told me that any perishable items in a cart have to be trashed. So I suggest picking them up first when shopping.

I will sent an email to Wally World threatening to take my business elsewhere for how LAC in Texas are being treated.
    +1

I sit in the parking lot and listen to SLimbaugh while Milady Wife is at Wal-Mart. I'd pee on my tire if I was desperate.

... I sit in the parking lot and listen to SLimbaugh while Milady Wife is at Wal-Mart. I'd pee on my tire if I was desperate.
    That would be (should be?) a violation of the law. And, could land you on the perv list. Well deserved too if you hold Wally World in such low regard as to violate the law vs. utilizing their restroom...while your DW spends her (yours/hers?) money there. As far as I can tell no money is demanded by Wally World to user their facilities.

I know it is cold way up there but you should consider opening a window to evacuate come of the built up CO2.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

snippp...As far as I can tell no money is demanded by Wally World to user their facilities.

I know it is cold way up there but you should consider opening a window to evacuate come of the built up CO2.
    me thinks it isn't the CO2 needing released but perhaps the hydrogen, nitrogen, some carbon dioxide and potentially a small amount of methane and oxygen...

ipse

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They have no authority to demand ID, they only have authority to trespass. I would treat the requests the same as the receipt requests, decline. Then it is up to them to trespass the shopper and lose business, and probably perishables in the cart. Not sure if it is true, but a service desk employee told me that any perishable items in a cart have to be trashed. So I suggest picking them up first when shopping. Or show them this~~

But they do not recognize our RKBA WW....unfortunately ... send out that email? Any response?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    But they do not recognize our RKBA WW....unfortunately ... send out that email? Any response?
    Last time I sent a email it took months for a response. NO, I have not sent it yet, still writing it, it takes me sometime to compose what I say. But I would not expect anything for several weeks at the least.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Is there statutory foundation for this in Texas law?
    how about this idea that I already used .... see my permit ,are you a law enforcement officer if so ,do you have a r.a.s. because we know from supreme court ruling of deeberry vs United states . us vs brown, prounce vs Delaware .ect ,ect that you must have r.a.s. to check for licensing officer. oh your not an officer. but aren't you attempting to enforce the govt side of the contract that Is between them and myself on my carry rights? if not then please show me in that contract where you are allowed to play third party enforcement . if you can't show ,then I take that you are attempting to impersonate an officer and that may be a felony charge as well as violate my rights decided by the supreme court unless you can show where you have jurisdiction over the supreme court. can you please show that jurisdiction at this time?
    Here's an idea, we could start going to Walmart with our pre 1899 bp's on our side and if /when they ask if we have a permit for that just say no, no I don't and if they say your suppose to have a permit to carry that thing then say hum I didn't know that , I thought texas just became an open carry state. don't say anymore just go about your shopping let them call the cops just to find out that they may have filed a false report/call of customer illegally carrying ... I would like to call our pre 1899 bps as our Walmart specials
    Last edited by bushwacker; 01-07-2016 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast