Thread: Scott Walker asks attorney general to review Obama's gun actions

Scott Walker asks attorney general to review Obama's gun actions

"President Obama is again disregarding the constitutional principles of separation of powers and exceeding his authority as chief executive. The Obama administration issued guidance creating uncertainty and fear of prosecution for law-abiding citizens who wish to exercise their right to sell firearms lawfully. Forthcoming federal rules could also deprive millions of Americans of their Second Amendment rights without any indication of imminent danger," Walker said in a statement.

"I have asked the attorney general to review this proposed rule language as soon as it is made available and, if issued as reported, to take any and all legal measures available to challenge this illegal act."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...364416451.html

"Obama + governors + resist + guns"

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dwvQmlcaryzLpeM 10,000+ Articles ATM. One mentions Governor Walker

At the moment, as best as I can tell, Governor Scott Walker is the only governor citing the powers of his office in resisting Obama.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-06-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Walker could direct all state, county, local LEAs to ignore these federal overreaches. He could direct all of the these LEAs to not enforce what he considers unconstitutional (state/federal) laws.He could direct these LEAs to arrest federal agents who harass WI citizens. Some how I don't think he will. So, is Walker really working to restore individual liberty? No, nor is any other chief executive. Nor is any LEA top cop and his minions, anywhere.

Did not many of the several states sue the feds over something else of great public concern?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Walker could direct all state, county, local LEAs to ignore these federal overreaches. He could direct all of the these LEAs to not enforce what he considers unconstitutional (state/federal) laws.He could direct these LEAs to arrest federal agents who harass WI citizens. Some how I don't think he will. So, is Walker really working to restore individual liberty? No, nor is any other chief executive. Nor is any LEA top cop and his minions, anywhere. Did not many of the several states sue the feds over something else of great public concern?
    ANNOTATED WISCONSIN CONSTITUTION ARTICLE V. Executive. [ ... ] Powers and duties. Section 4.

¶The governor shall be commander in chief of the military and naval forces of the state.

¶He shall have power to convene the legislature on extraordinary occasions, and in case of invasion, or danger from the prevalence of contagious disease at the seat of government, he may convene them at any other suitable place within the state.

¶He shall communicate to the legislature, at every session, the condition of the state, and recommend such matters to them for their consideration as he may deem expedient. He shall transact all necessary business with the officers of the government, civil and military.

¶He shall expedite all such measures as may be resolved upon by the legislature, and shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

¶The legislature cannot require the governor to make specific recommendations to a future legislature or to include future appropriations in the executive budget bill.

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/constitution/wi

Updated 2013-14 Wisconsin Statutes & Annotations
    Published January 1, 2016. Certified under s. 35.18.
    Updated through 2015 Wisconsin Act 126, except 2015 Wisconsin Act 118*, and all Supreme Court Orders entered before December 28, 2015.

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/prefaces/toc
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-07-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Walker could direct all state, county, local LEAs to ignore these federal overreaches. He could direct all of the these LEAs to not enforce what he considers unconstitutional (state/federal) laws.He could direct these LEAs to arrest federal agents who harass WI citizens. Some how I don't think he will. So, is Walker really working to restore individual liberty? No, nor is any other chief executive. Nor is any LEA top cop and his minions, anywhere.

Did not many of the several states sue the feds over something else of great public concern?
    Not all sheriffs and police chiefs uphold their oaths

He could have done it a lot better and declared Wis a constitutional carry state.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    He could have done it a lot better and declared Wis a constitutional carry state.
    No, you can have a little bit of perceived freedom. But real freedom? No, no, no.....We can't have that....

No more than the toothless tyrant Obama, a governor has no power to declare anything significant.

But..

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    how would doing so impacted the recent executive actions?

Would have sent a stronger message then I'll have the AG look into it.

Other then that nothing.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

He could direct these LEAs to arrest federal agents who harass WI citizens.
    Nope. They would be 'enforcing' federal law/regulations, he's got absolutely no say in that, whatsoever.