Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hickok45 youtube channel shut down ! Bad google bad google

Banned

Hickok45 youtube channel shut down ! Bad google bad google

https://www.facebook.com/Hickok45-264641617269/?fref=nf

"gun violence" = just "gun" to google

That's why I do not speak about "gun violence" because its really just violence and the anti's want to go google's way and see that a gun automatically equals violence.

Live by G00gle and die by Google. Do not use G00gle.

Google add-on alerts women to stop saying ‘sorry’ in work emails
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...stop-saying-s/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-07-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Live by G00gle and die by Google. Do not use G00gle.

Google add-on alerts women to stop saying ‘sorry’ in work emails
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...stop-saying-s/
    Like:

Woman 1 (w1) : Sorry I did not back to you sooner, I had some cramping
    Woman 2 (w2): I'm sorry that you are having such an issue, take your time but I do need a reply to this email.
    w1: Sorry again, the cramping is gone but flow has begun
    w2: That's good and bad I guess; sorry to bother you again but can you provide a more complete response?
    w1: Sorry, forgot about that ... here is the information you are seeking?
    w2: I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you are confused as to what I am seeking information on.
    w1: Sorry about that, I deleted your original email and went by memory....can you resend?
    w2: Sorry but no. You are fired.
    w1: Sorry.
    w2: Me too.

Resolved, back up.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Resolved, back up.
    Good to hear ! But never should have happened in the first place. Its the beginning....
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-07-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Let's be clear, Hickok45 broke their rules of service, has been breaking them for some time. They are the very same rules we have to follow. You cannot sell firearms on OCDO, or Youtube.

He outright added to videos that the guns he was reviewing were up for sale on Bud's Gun Auction a clear violation. Something NONE of the other members doing gun videos do. His new video about the RM380 after he was back up was minus the auction pitch. He still mentions Bud's, and federal, so we will have to see how long he gets away with that.

I may not agree with Google's anti gun policies, but we all agreed to them. On top of that he apparently was getting some form of compensation from the companies. To stay on he is going to have to play ball just like Yankee Marshal, and Nutnfancy.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Let's be clear, Hickok45 broke their rules of service, has been breaking them for some time. They are the very same rules we have to follow. You cannot sell firearms on OCDO, or Youtube.

He outright added to videos that the guns he was reviewing were up for sale on Bud's Gun Auction a clear violation. Something NONE of the other members doing gun videos do. His new video about the RM380 after he was back up was minus the auction pitch. He still mentions Bud's, and federal, so we will have to see how long he gets away with that.

I may not agree with Google's anti gun policies, but we all agreed to them. On top of that he apparently was getting some form of compensation from the companies. To stay on he is going to have to play ball just like Yankee Marshal, and Nutnfancy.
    I would disagree on the point that "we all agreed to the google's anti-gun policies". The policy is googles, not mine. I don't agree with much of their policies. There was certainly no meeting of the minds regarding google and folks IMO.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-07-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I would disagree on the point that "we all agreed to the google's anti-gun policies". The policy is googles, not mine. I don't agree with much of their policies. There was certainly no meeting of the minds regarding google and folks IMO.
    Then YOU should not violate your contract by accessing their site or using G00gle. Isn't that what the contract says?

Banned
    Then YOU should not violate your contract by accessing their site or using G00gle. Isn't that what the contract says?
    Its not my contract at all. A contract must be a meeting of the minds. Yet google does not allow one to even try to amend the proposed contract presented by google. So IMO, there is no contract at all.

http://www.internationalo.biz/post/9...act-for-indies

^^^ copy of a youtube contract ...if one wishes to go through it all

So since there is no contract, youtube can do what it wants ... its just that youtube may be appearing to have begun equating guns to be equal to violence.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-07-2016 at 01:08 PM.

ALL the other gun video posters were not affected, even Yeager, who has advocated violence. It is very simple, do not sell firearms on sites hosted by Google. We all know this, it is no surprise, he was not treated unfairly compared to other gun posters who abide by the rules. Even if they allowed firearm sales they would be entitled to compensation for their site being used for such. Whether you, or I like it is not the issue, if you want to boycott Google by all means boycott. Buh Bye!

From Google Youtube content policy

Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites that sell, facilitate or advocate the sales of weapons and weapon accessories. This includes but is not limited to the sales of ammunition, gun parts, hardware, pistols, rifles, BB guns, sporting guns, air guns, blow guns, and stun guns. This policy also prohibits the placement of ads on sites which sell explosives, including fireworks.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-07-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its not my contract at all. A contract must be a meeting of the minds. Yet google does not allow one to even try to amend the proposed contract presented by google. So IMO, there is no contract at all.
    By using or visiting the YouTube website or any YouTube products, software, data feeds, and services provided to you on, from, or through the YouTube website (collectively the "Service") you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"), (2) Google's Privacy Policy, found at http://www.youtube.com/t/privacy and incorporated herein by reference, and (3) YouTube's Community Guidelines, found at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines and also incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms, the Google Privacy Policy, or the Community Guidelines, please do not use the Service.
    https://www.youtube.com/t/terms

As soon as possible David should send a notice of trespass to Google...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

When you install the app, or setup a google/youtube login, you have agreed to their EULA - end user license agreement. All the terms & conditions and legal boilerplate kickin at that point in time. Violating this agreement gives the host the basis to deny you service on their website.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    When you install the app, or setup a google/youtube login, you have agreed to their EULA - end user license agreement. All the terms & conditions and legal boilerplate kickin at that point in time. Violating this agreement gives the host the basis to deny you service on their website.
    He probably is going to run into a problem with facebook too. His page contains links to Bud's guns for the sale of arms. It is also against their terms of service to sell firearms on facebook.

I don't get it, he is not a dumb guy, yet he continues to break the rules. Sooner or later some progressive anti gunner is going to complain, like Mad Mommies.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    As soon as possible David should send a notice of trespass to Google...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Well, that's about the worse that they can do if there was no contract...

by proceeding to 'click thru' - I accept, or I decline - you either proceed to site, or you get kicked off - unless the site lets you lurk, but you can't comment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

WW... I think you misunderstand... or I mishear him... he never says THAT gun is for sale, he merely plugs his source because Buds pays him for advertising them. He merely says the type of gun he's talking about is for sale... not that that very one he's holding is up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    WW... I think you misunderstand... or I mishear him... he never says THAT gun is for sale, he merely plugs his source because Buds pays him for advertising them. He merely says the type of gun he's talking about is for sale... not that that very one he's holding is up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    He clearly has said that the gun he is reviewing is available on the auction, that is selling. I really don't care personally, but even if you don't like rules, ignore them it will bite you in the arse.

The latest RM380 video the mention of the auction was missing. He claims he does not know why they ended his account, but I bet he does. The only reason he is still up is the revenue they would lose evident by the outpouring of watchers complaints.

It is highly unlikely a computer with no input terminated his account, which is the explanation he gives.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Forum Rules

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
    "If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions."

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Forum Rules

ACCEPTANCE OF RULES
    "If you do not agree with any of these Rules then please do not use this site, because BY USING THIS SITE YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE IRREVOCABLY AGREED TO THESE RULES. Please note that these Rules may be revised and reissued without notice at any time. You should review the current Rules regularly, since your continued use of the site will be deemed as irrevocable acceptance of any revisions."

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
    Just taking a guess an auction is probably considered a raffle.

Last I checked his facebook page he had Bud's link up next to his video for the RM380. They have the same rules, hoplophobes are known to monitor not only youtube, but facebook, as well as OCDO.

I checked a couple videos where he had mentioned the auction at the end of the video, and it has been edited out of the videos. Hopefully he continues to post videos, but Google has the final say what is acceptable.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-08-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Just taking a guess an auction is probably considered a raffle.

--snipped--
    An auction contains the element of offered for sale.

Where OCDO is concerned, trying to get around/bend this rule just ain't gonna make it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    An auction contains the element of offered for sale.

Where OCDO is concerned, trying to get around/bend this rule just ain't gonna make it.
    True but Hickok45 is not one of our members as far as I know, but youtube is Google, and I found their rule which forbids firearm sales. Just was not sure if the raffle part was from our administrators or Google's words.

From Google Youtube content policy

Google ads are not permitted to appear on sites that sell, facilitate or advocate the sales of weapons and weapon accessories. This includes but is not limited to the sales of ammunition, gun parts, hardware, pistols, rifles, BB guns, sporting guns, air guns, blow guns, and stun guns. This policy also prohibits the placement of ads on sites which sell explosives, including fireworks.

It does appear that he can sell on facebook, I was mistaken on their policies.

We will not permit people to post offers to sell regulated items that indicate a willingness to evade or help others evade the law. For example, private sellers of firearms in the U.S. will not be permitted to specify “no background check required,” nor can they offer to transact across state lines without a licensed firearms dealer. We have worked with a number of individuals and organizations on the development of these efforts, which will be implemented and enforced in the coming weeks. We are grateful in particular for the advice offered by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Americans for Responsible Solutions, Sandy Hook Promise, Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and Moms Demand Action, which helped us develop an approach for the private sale of firearms. We also appreciate the feedback provided by the Facebook Safety Advisory Board.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-08-2016 at 08:42 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Apparently this goes a little deeper than just shutting down a channel, then reopening it after compliance.

Formerly, I could find his videos by typing "hick" in the youtube homepage search box. Now, when I type in "hick" I get suggestions for his videos and channel, but he's not even as early as page 7 or the returns.

Does this mean his "ranking" was cancelled? I understand he could be buried under all the response videos, but why would an auto-suggest for his channel not actually take you to his channel?

Its one thing to shut him off for rules violation; its something else to drop him down the memory hole and make it difficult for actively interested people to find him after he's restored.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-08-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Apparently this goes a little deeper than just shutting down a channel, then reopening it after compliance.

Formerly, I could find his videos by typing "hick" in the youtube homepage search box. Now, when I type in "hick" I get suggestions for his videos and channel, but he's not even as early as page 7 or the returns.

Does this mean his "ranking" was cancelled? I understand he could be buried under all the response videos, but why would an auto-suggest for his channel not actually take you to his channel?

Its one thing to shut him off for rules violation; its something else to drop him down the memory hole and make it difficult for actively interested people to find him after he's restored.
    Last I checked he was terminated again. His videos show blank using search, then if clicked on there is the termination notice. His other account Hickok45andson is still up.

Now it is showing is videos are deleted, before they just showed the termination notice, does not look good.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-08-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast