Thread: Christie says hes changed his mind on guns, supports easy concealed-carry licensing

Christie says hes changed his mind on guns, supports easy concealed-carry licensing

And the biggest reason that I changed my mind was my seven years as a federal prosecutor. What I learned in those seven years was that we were spending much too much time talking about gun laws against law-abiding citizens and not nearly enough time talking about enforcing the gun laws strongly against criminals.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-supports-ea/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...ie-guns-217437

First he was agin'em, now he's for 'em. Follow the money to P4P.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I have never met an U.S. Attorney that I would trust. I have met a few over the years and they never answer a question with a straight answer. There answers are scummy diversions.

That puts Cruz on a little bit of shaky ground. Christie is a big fat goose egg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I have never met an U.S. Attorney that I would trust. I have met a few over the years and they never answer a question with a straight answer. There answers are scummy diversions.

That puts Cruz on a little bit of shaky ground. Christie is a big fat goose egg.
    And I know that they do not like citizens calling them up and complaining about their job performance.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    And the biggest reason that I changed my mind was my seven years as a federal prosecutor. What I learned in those seven years was that we were spending much too much time talking about gun laws against law-abiding citizens and not nearly enough time talking about enforcing the gun laws strongly against criminals.
    First he was agin'em, now he's for 'em. Follow the money to P4P.
    First of all, what has he done as governor of one of the virulently anti-RKBA States in the union? If this epiphany about concealed carry (or anything else to do with guns) came as a result of his work as a federal prosecutor, he should be able to point to at least a modest list of actions or at least proposals as governor to move New Jersey at least a little bit in a better direction.

How many changes to law has he asked his legislature to make on these matters?

How many pardons has he given to otherwise law abiding citizens arrested and prosecuted under the anti-RKBA, unconstitutional State laws he claims to oppose?

How many public speeches has he given on the matter before running for president?

This has NOTHING to do with money for permits. This is about trying to win a GOP nomination in a national election. As was said a few years back about Romney on this and other subjects I'll say about Christie here:

A conversion on the road to Damascus is one thing...a conversion on the road to DesMoines is quite another.

Not only is Christie a gun grabbing, liberal RINO, he is a lying piece of crap, and a stupid bully to boot. Shutting down lanes on a bridge to exact political retribution?!?!

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Christie voices support for N.J. handgun law, but sidesteps legal battles. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...est_court.html

Christie announces change to N.J. gun policy on eve of 2016 kickoff. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...cy_on_eve.html

Christie blames Dems for N.J. gun laws, cites delay in handgun sale to slain woman. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...p_so_he_c.html

Interesting...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    The only thing that will make me trust that RINO is if he signs an executive order nullifying ALL state firearms laws and accepts there is no right of his state or city within that state to pass any legislation related to the keeping and bearing of arms
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Banned
    No one has call that fat retard a liar yet? I will.

He's just lying.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-09-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    No one has call that fat retard a liar yet? I will.

He's just lying.
    I'd suggest editing that before Grapeshot has you. I don't think he is any more retarded than Obama himself. Both no exactly what they are doing.

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    I'd suggest editing that before Grapeshot has you. I don't think he is any more retarded than Obama himself. Both no exactly what they are doing.
    There's a difference between attacking someone and simply stating a fact.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I'd suggest editing that before Grapeshot has you. I don't think he is any more retarded than Obama himself. Both no(sic) exactly what they are doing.
    May I presume that the personal pronoun "he" refers to Christie in this instance.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    May I presume that the personal pronoun "he" refers to Christie in this instance. [emoji38]
    Of course. And I should watch my spelling

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    May I presume that the personal pronoun "he" refers to Christie in this instance.
    Of course. And I should watch my spelling

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    If you are going to quote me, please do so correctly.

I didn't say - I said

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    First of all, what has he done as governor of one of the virulently anti-RKBA States in the union? If this epiphany about concealed carry (or anything else to do with guns) came as a result of his work as a federal prosecutor, he should be able to point to at least a modest list of actions or at least proposals as governor to move New Jersey at least a little bit in a better direction.

How many changes to law has he asked his legislature to make on these matters?

How many pardons has he given to otherwise law abiding citizens arrested and prosecuted under the anti-RKBA, unconstitutional State laws he claims to oppose?

How many public speeches has he given on the matter before running for president?

This has NOTHING to do with money for permits. This is about trying to win a GOP nomination in a national election. As was said a few years back about Romney on this and other subjects I'll say about Christie here:

A conversion on the road to Damascus is one thing...a conversion on the road to DesMoines is quite another.

Not only is Christie a gun grabbing, liberal RINO, he is a lying piece of crap, and a stupid bully to boot. Shutting down lanes on a bridge to exact political retribution?!?!

Charles
    He has pardoned a few people, see Shaneen Allen and Brian Aitken, as well as a veto of a 50 mm gun ban. He's talked before about the gun laws in NJ but he's been very evasive about shall-issue, and I don't understand why and I'm not satisfied with casting him as a gun grabber. Maybe it's a NJ disease.

Banned
    He should face facts: he's politically dead over the bridge fiasco.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/politi...mer/index.html

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    He has pardoned a few people, see Shaneen Allen and Brian Aitken, as well as a veto of a 50 mm gun ban. He's talked before about the gun laws in NJ but he's been very evasive about shall-issue, and I don't understand why and I'm not satisfied with casting him as a gun grabber. Maybe it's a NJ disease.
    Not surprised he vetoed a 50mm gun -- if only to save the firearm owner the problem of carrying around a gun that shoots 2" diameter rounds. 50mm = 1 &31/32 inches. Perhaps you meant .50 caliber?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

[ ... ] as well as a veto of a 50 mm gun ban. [ ... ]
    Day-am!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

a veto of a 50 mm gun ban.
    Wait, you mean I could carry an autocannon in NJ? Hell yes, sign me up!
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He should face facts: he's politically dead over the bridge fiasco.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/politi...mer/index.html

Bridgegate has very little to do with his position here. Most of the folks, especially in the southern half of the state don't care about it one bit.

He's toast because even though he's a Republican here, anywhere else outside the northeast, he'd be considered a Democrat.

Until they revise the NJ state constitution and include the federal 2nd amendment, I will not put any faith in fatso words regarding our right to keep and bear arms.

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Until they revise the NJ state constitution and include the federal 2nd amendment, I will not put any faith in fatso words regarding our right to keep and bear arms.

Regards

CCJ
    Maybe guns to him now = guns made of chocolate ! nom nom nom

He's a POS .... IMO

Christie says he’s changed his mind on guns, supports easy concealed-carry licensing
    Great! So then I could move to NJ and get my carry permit??? So if the governor said it, it must be true..right?

Last edited by Midwest; 01-23-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.