Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can u call Marines , Marines anymore? I don't know-such silliness

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Can u call Marines , Marines anymore? I don't know-such silliness

    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...om-titles.html

    Marine Corps job titles and remove "man" from applicable job titles to make them "gender-integrated." This means military occupational specialties ranging from 0311, infantryman, to 0321, reconnaissance man, could soon get new names.

    More PC garbage ...of course no Marine has stormed a beach in about 100yrs ... it just hangs around due to folks in congress unwilling to change w/the times.

    And isn't the term "Marine" a male reference? So I guess we'll have to call them something else .... post your ideas if you wish.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-07-2016 at 06:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marine?s=t

    [muh-reen]
    adjective
    1.
    of or relating to the sea; existing in or produced by the sea:
    Basically marine life is life that is of the sea.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...om-titles.html

    Marine Corps job titles and remove "man" from applicable job titles to make them "gender-integrated." This means military occupational specialties ranging from 0311, infantryman, to 0321, reconnaissance man, could soon get new names.

    More PC garbage ...of course no Marine has stormed a beach in about 100yrs ... it just hangs around due to folks in congress unwilling to change w/the times.

    And isn't the term "Marine" a male reference? So I guess we'll have to call them something else .... post your ideas if you wish.
    Answer to question: no. I am a former US Marine, so I have some altitude to speak on the subject.

    "Back in the day" women Marines were referred to colloquially as BAMs. BAM is an acronym for broad-(three-letter synonym for donkey)ed Marine. Of course, the men never said that to their faces. While it is of course chauvinist, it necessarily includes recognition that the woman is a Marine.

    Later the term changed to "WM"--woman Marine. The underlying principle of woman Marines is "free a man to fight." No matter which military organization you want to talk about, there is a large necessity for administration. Some might denigrate administrative functions. They would be wrong. In any organization, administrative functions are vital, a necessity. Somebody's gotta do it. By taking on those functions, a woman Marine fills a slot that would have required a man, allowing that man to pick up a rifle.

    I dated a woman who had served in a close infantry support role in the US Army. She told me about her experiences. The short story is that even she recognized that women are not suited for infantry combat. Women have the same spirit. The same drive. The same determination. But, their bodies are simply not as strong as a male body. It is evolution, not IQ or determination.

    Can a female pilot shoot as well as a male? Can she out-fly a male pilot? It was already known by WWII that women, generally, had faster reflexes than men. In an infantry role, can she shoot as straight as a male Marine? Of course, she can.

    But, when it comes to the bayonet thrust, whether blocking or delivering, does she have the same upper-body strength as a male? Facts are facts. And, all the PC blather in the world won't change that. All it will do is get more women killed thinking they can fill a role when they can't, and the fellow Marines when they make the discovery.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    But, when it comes to the bayonet thrust, whether blocking or delivering, does she have the same upper-body strength as a male? Facts are facts. And, all the PC blather in the world won't change that. All it will do is get more women killed thinking they can fill a role when they can't, and the fellow Marines when they make the discovery.
    I've never had the privilege, but I do read a bit...

    The limits for women go beyond bayonet thrusts. The typical infantry-person remains as grossly over-loaded today as he has ever been. Women do not have the same strength to carry packs loaded with extra ammunition, radios, batteries, and other equipment needed for patrols. They are far more susceptible to leg fractures when pushed to hard physical limits. They are far less willing to urinate in the absence of proper and private facilities and will refrain from drinking water--thus impairing performance--while afield so as to limit the need to relieve themselves.

    One of my favorite on-line columnists (and former Marine) has written several articles on the subject including this one on the feminizing and re-education of military culture and this one citing lots of facts and figures from studies on the differences in male and female physical abilities and performance in the military.

    Whether from evolution, or Creation, women and men are different. In many cases such differences don't matter. But in some instances they are life and death of both individuals, and perhaps even nations.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    While I was in the Army, I got to talking with some AF mechanics and they did not believe that women belong in the military if they cannot pass the same physical fitness testing. They had to maintain a 24 hour presences at their repair hanger and when a male was there they only needed to staff one soldier. When they got female mechanics they had to station a male with any female because the females could not lift the tool boxes.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I have zero problems with women in combat. Its a volunteer service. Don't serve if you have a problem with it.

    Will women die in combat? Sure. Will guys die too in more numbers with women in combat? Maybe, but lets assume sure.

    So what?

    Its the military.

    Soldiers are bullet catchers for politicians. Just the way it is. Why anyone is serving under obummer astounds me .... they claim to "defend the constitution" but then volunteer to serve under this idiot...the two don't mix.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I have zero problems with women in combat. Its a volunteer service. Don't serve if you have a problem with it.

    Will women die in combat? Sure. Will guys die too in more numbers with women in combat? Maybe, but lets assume sure.

    So what?

    Its the military.

    Soldiers are bullet catchers for politicians. Just the way it is. Why anyone is serving under obummer astounds me .... they claim to "defend the constitution" but then volunteer to serve under this idiot...the two don't mix.
    What about the current set of double standards?

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    A more specific query Freedomman unless you are talking about passing a woman that in the same situation a man would fail? Who cares? I don't. Just more bullet catchers !

    You people are under the delusion that our military protects us.

    Know who protects us? Oceans.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A more specific query Freedomman unless you are talking about passing a woman that in the same situation a man would fail? Who cares? I don't. Just more bullet catchers !

    You people are under the delusion that our military protects us.

    Know who protects us? Oceans.
    I care not about gender so long as they can all meet the same standards.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •