• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can u call Marines , Marines anymore? I don't know-such silliness

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ke-boot-camp-coed-remove-man-from-titles.html

Marine Corps job titles and remove "man" from applicable job titles to make them "gender-integrated." This means military occupational specialties ranging from 0311, infantryman, to 0321, reconnaissance man, could soon get new names.

More PC garbage ...of course no Marine has stormed a beach in about 100yrs ... it just hangs around due to folks in congress unwilling to change w/the times.

And isn't the term "Marine" a male reference? So I guess we'll have to call them something else .... post your ideas if you wish.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ke-boot-camp-coed-remove-man-from-titles.html

Marine Corps job titles and remove "man" from applicable job titles to make them "gender-integrated." This means military occupational specialties ranging from 0311, infantryman, to 0321, reconnaissance man, could soon get new names.

More PC garbage ...of course no Marine has stormed a beach in about 100yrs ... it just hangs around due to folks in congress unwilling to change w/the times.

And isn't the term "Marine" a male reference? So I guess we'll have to call them something else .... post your ideas if you wish.

Answer to question: no. I am a former US Marine, so I have some altitude to speak on the subject.

"Back in the day" women Marines were referred to colloquially as BAMs. BAM is an acronym for broad-(three-letter synonym for donkey)ed Marine. Of course, the men never said that to their faces. While it is of course chauvinist, it necessarily includes recognition that the woman is a Marine.

Later the term changed to "WM"--woman Marine. The underlying principle of woman Marines is "free a man to fight." No matter which military organization you want to talk about, there is a large necessity for administration. Some might denigrate administrative functions. They would be wrong. In any organization, administrative functions are vital, a necessity. Somebody's gotta do it. By taking on those functions, a woman Marine fills a slot that would have required a man, allowing that man to pick up a rifle.

I dated a woman who had served in a close infantry support role in the US Army. She told me about her experiences. The short story is that even she recognized that women are not suited for infantry combat. Women have the same spirit. The same drive. The same determination. But, their bodies are simply not as strong as a male body. It is evolution, not IQ or determination.

Can a female pilot shoot as well as a male? Can she out-fly a male pilot? It was already known by WWII that women, generally, had faster reflexes than men. In an infantry role, can she shoot as straight as a male Marine? Of course, she can.

But, when it comes to the bayonet thrust, whether blocking or delivering, does she have the same upper-body strength as a male? Facts are facts. And, all the PC blather in the world won't change that. All it will do is get more women killed thinking they can fill a role when they can't, and the fellow Marines when they make the discovery.

utbagpiper

Banned
But, when it comes to the bayonet thrust, whether blocking or delivering, does she have the same upper-body strength as a male? Facts are facts. And, all the PC blather in the world won't change that. All it will do is get more women killed thinking they can fill a role when they can't, and the fellow Marines when they make the discovery.

I've never had the privilege, but I do read a bit...

The limits for women go beyond bayonet thrusts. The typical infantry-person :) remains as grossly over-loaded today as he has ever been. Women do not have the same strength to carry packs loaded with extra ammunition, radios, batteries, and other equipment needed for patrols. They are far more susceptible to leg fractures when pushed to hard physical limits. They are far less willing to urinate in the absence of proper and private facilities and will refrain from drinking water--thus impairing performance--while afield so as to limit the need to relieve themselves.

One of my favorite on-line columnists (and former Marine) has written several articles on the subject including this one on the feminizing and re-education of military culture and this one citing lots of facts and figures from studies on the differences in male and female physical abilities and performance in the military.

Whether from evolution, or Creation, women and men are different. In many cases such differences don't matter. But in some instances they are life and death of both individuals, and perhaps even nations.

Charles

Freedom1Man

While I was in the Army, I got to talking with some AF mechanics and they did not believe that women belong in the military if they cannot pass the same physical fitness testing. They had to maintain a 24 hour presences at their repair hanger and when a male was there they only needed to staff one soldier. When they got female mechanics they had to station a male with any female because the females could not lift the tool boxes.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have zero problems with women in combat. Its a volunteer service. Don't serve if you have a problem with it.

Will women die in combat? Sure. Will guys die too in more numbers with women in combat? Maybe, but lets assume sure.

So what?

Its the military.

Soldiers are bullet catchers for politicians. Just the way it is. Why anyone is serving under obummer astounds me .... they claim to "defend the constitution" but then volunteer to serve under this idiot...the two don't mix.

Freedom1Man

I have zero problems with women in combat. Its a volunteer service. Don't serve if you have a problem with it.

Will women die in combat? Sure. Will guys die too in more numbers with women in combat? Maybe, but lets assume sure.

So what?

Its the military.

Soldiers are bullet catchers for politicians. Just the way it is. Why anyone is serving under obummer astounds me .... they claim to "defend the constitution" but then volunteer to serve under this idiot...the two don't mix.
What about the current set of double standards?

davidmcbeth

Banned
A more specific query Freedomman unless you are talking about passing a woman that in the same situation a man would fail? Who cares? I don't. Just more bullet catchers !

You people are under the delusion that our military protects us.

Know who protects us? Oceans.

Freedom1Man

A more specific query Freedomman unless you are talking about passing a woman that in the same situation a man would fail? Who cares? I don't. Just more bullet catchers !

You people are under the delusion that our military protects us.

Know who protects us? Oceans.
I care not about gender so long as they can all meet the same standards.