Thread: Feds spending millions to arm agencies that donít need guns EPA, VA, FDA among them

Feds spending millions to arm agencies that donít need guns EPA, VA, FDA among them

As the U.S. engages in a national debate over the militarization of the police, federal data shows that government agencies charged with largely administrative roles are spending tens of millions of taxpayer dollars to purchase SWAT and military-style equipment.
    [ ... ]
    Spending watchdogs say these examples, highlighted in an upcoming oversight report by OpenTheBooks.com titled ďArming of the Federal Agencies,Ē point to a trend of duplicitous federal law enforcement agencies run amok.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...to-arm-agenci/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Stand by for lame counter-arguments by apologists. We've been through this before. Every agency has "inspectors" who "need" to be armed.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    PART II - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
    CHAPTER 203 - ARREST AND COMMITMENT
    ß 3063. Powers of Environmental Protection Agency
    (a) Upon designation by the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, any law enforcement officer of the Environmental Protection Agency with responsibility for the investigation of criminal violations of a law administered by the Environmental Protection Agency, mayó
    (1) carry firearms;
    (2) execute and serve any warrant or other processes issued under the authority of the United States; and
    (3) make arrests without warrant foró
    (A) any offense against the United States committed in such officerís presence; or
    (B) any felony offense against the United States if such officer has probable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing that felony offense.
    (b) The powers granted under subsection (a) of this section shall be exercised in accordance with guidelines approved by the Attorney General.
    (Added Pub. L. 100Ė582, ß 4(a), Nov. 1, 1988, 102 Stat. 2958.)
    Blame congress. Why does the EPA have authority to arrest for any crime? They should NOT have police power outside the EPA.

Banned
    Every federal employee should carry on them 2 or 3 nukes. Then we know where to get them easily.

Why, oh why, does ANY agency have the power to arrest without a warrant?

Try to take me without one.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Why, oh why, does ANY agency have the power to arrest without a warrant? Try to take me without one.
    Do you mean like in a traffic stop, an arrest without warrant?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Cannot wait for the "AGENCY WARS" to begin .... may start by a EPA guy parking in a FDA employee's parking space....bam bam bam EPA-man!