• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Met the new NV NRA Rep.

28kfps

Was in Stockpile Defense gun store today and in comes a guy with a NRA hat and shirt on. Turns out he is our new NRA rep. Our last rep was over part of Commifornia and Southern Nevada with what appeared having strong Commifornia influence when it came to representing Nevada. The new rep lives in Fallon NV took care of northern Nevada and part of Commifornia recently he was moved to just over Nevada. My conversation with him was very positive he did appeared to be on a mission to build up new and better relations and better NRA support for Nevada.
I did tell him the last NRA rep Mike was for the most part anti open carry and many of the Nevada open carry bunch felt the NRA was alienating OCers and Nevada. He said he was aware of that and that was one of the issues he was hoping to help fix.
He is looking for community members and chairman for doing Nevada state NRA dinners/meetings. His name is Steve Wilson gave me his contact info for posting. 209-604-7006 swilson@nrahq.org. Here is a good opportunity for the ones that have the time and talent to get opencarry influence in a NRA state committee.

Vegassteve

I am confused. Is this just the friends of the nra guy? Or is this the state rep? The last rep I met was a woman that was 2012. I know the mike was the friends rep and he was dick.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Always ask: do you support any reasonable gun control laws or proposed legislation?

Its a trick ? of course ... no gun laws are reasonable.

varminter22

I am confused. Is this just the friends of the nra guy? Or is this the state rep? The last rep I met was a woman that was 2012. I know the mike was the friends rep and he was dick.

Yes, there is some confusion here.

Steve Wilson is with FoNRA. FoNRA is primarily for fundraising; and they do grant money for range and training projects. But they are not involved in legislative/legal matters.

The NRA-ILA rep for Nevada is Dan Reid. Formerly, our rep was Carrie Herbertson (now deceased.) NRA-ILA is involved in legislative matters.

Last edited:

28kfps

Yes, there is some confusion here.

Steve Wilson is with FoNRA. FoNRA is primarily for fundraising; and they do grant money for range and training projects. But they are not involved in legislative/legal matters.

The NRA-ILA rep for Nevada is Dan Reid. Formerly, our rep was Carrie Herbertson (now deceased.) NRA-ILA is involved in legislative matters.

Yes confused. Thanks for clarifying.