• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault weapons and Hi cap magazine ban introduced

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

rightwinglibertarian

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2354&year=2015#documents

HB 2354 - 2015-16

There is a comment on this bill button to the right at the top, click on it fill out the info, comment and your comments will be sent to your elected officials, takes about 1 minute.

Passing this bill is a violation of the Second Amendment. The right to keep and bear arms *shall not* be infringed. Vote no.

well apparently a quote does not count as a message and I had to have at least one character. ok then.

ARADCOM

Apparently my semi-auto shotgun would be illegal because it's magazine holds more than 5 rounds. I'd be grandfathered in but wouldn't be able to buy another and I don't like that.

Sent in my comments and Opposed.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I put this on the Whatcom County fazeboog page. I also emailed it to everyone on my list. Spread the word and put this stupid cr@p down.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I replied as well. Seems the system is OK with out of state submissions.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jeff Hayes

I put this on the Whatcom County fazeboog page. I also emailed it to everyone on my list. Spread the word and put this stupid cr@p down.

I posted to every where I could thing of as well this ^^^^^^^^^ is what needs to happen to prevent bills like this from seeing the light of day.

rightwinglibertarian

My guns break no laws of physics. How can they? And a gov't cannot regulate a right.

Got any proof of that?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

They can't regulate this right. They do because we are foolish enough to let them.

OC Freedom

Voted Opposed. My comment below...

This bill like I-594 is the reason I moved out of Washington state to a free state like Idaho (Idaho ranked #6 in the "freedom in the fifty states" ranking). Criminals don't obey laws; hence the term "criminal". So glad to be out of Washington. Good luck with your purple skies and unicorns.

cpgrad08

This is the reply I got back from Steve O'Ban:

Thank you for your message. First, I want you to know that I do not support House Bill 2354.

Second, HB 2354 must first pass the House, prior to it being considered here in the Senate. That means receiving a public (committee) hearing, then committee approval, then “yes” votes from at least 50 members of the 98-member House of Representatives. We doubt HB 2354 will receive sufficient votes to pass out of the House. The deadline for all bills to pass out of the House is February 5th.

Third, even if the bill should make it out of the House, again very unlikely, it will not pass the Republican-led Senate.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you should have any questions.

Lammo

Thanks for the heads up on this Jeff. Opposition submitted with the following comment:

This proposal violates the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington Constitution. Just like the Federal ban of so-called "Assault Weapons" in effect from 1994-2004, this law will do nothing to reduce crime and will only restrict commonly owned firearms based on cosmetic features that some people find scary. That is not a sound basis for any legislation.

()pen(arry

I also sent in a note a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back. Then again, I live in North Seattle, so I'm not exactly a welcome constituent in my district. There is no one more intolerant nor enamored of mob violence than a self-styled progressive.

Bizarrely, but delightfully, my next door neighbor came over to talk about his guns the first time he saw me OC, a couple days after we moved in. And his wife is the head of the neighborhood busybody committee, so anyone who gets their panties in a bunch can get stuffed. Great big double deuces to you, Seattle progressives!

Whitney

email

I also sent in a note a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back. Then again, I live in North Seattle, so I'm not exactly a welcome constituent in my district. There is no one more intolerant nor enamored of mob violence than a self-styled progressive.

Bizarrely, but delightfully, my next door neighbor came over to talk about his guns the first time he saw me OC, a couple days after we moved in. And his wife is the head of the neighborhood busybody committee, so anyone who gets their panties in a bunch can get stuffed. Great big double deuces to you, Seattle progressives!

My strategy has always been to send an email to the bill sponsor, and cosponsors. I also CC my elected representatives and the committee the bill is referred to.

I sign[type] my full name and phone number / very respectfully.

It is interesting to note I have received more correspondence than I have sent. This strategy has also allowed me to develop a kind of relationship with the legislators who always seem to be on the receiving end.

I'm pretty sure a lot of them hit the delete button when they see my name in the inbox.

~Whitney

Lammo

Thanks for the heads up on this Jeff. Opposition submitted with the following comment:

This proposal violates the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article 1 Section 24 of the Washington Constitution. Just like the Federal ban of so-called "Assault Weapons" in effect from 1994-2004, this law will do nothing to reduce crime and will only restrict commonly owned firearms based on cosmetic features that some people find scary. That is not a sound basis for any legislation.

Positive replies indicating opposition to the proposed law received from Rep. Jeff Holy and Sen. Mike Baumgartner (District 6). Will update when I hear from Rep. Kevin Parker.