Far to many times the police will violate your rights in small ways. Finding a lawyer to take the case on is hard, unless you shell out $6000+ to start. And most times they say you will only get that much back. So what do you do? This guide will help you find the information you need as well as places that will help for free and even ways to have the filing fee dropped ($400).

To start find your local Federal Court House. My local one is the James T. Foley U.S. Courthouse 445 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207. You may remember the first time I visited and had the security guard go crazy. This time however was very easy other then I could not even bring my cell phone into the building. Make your way to the Court Clerk and ask for information on proceeding Pro Se. They will hand you a mountain of pamphlets and stapled books with all the forms you could need. The Court Clerk I had was very nice and even explained what forms were needed for a 1983 suit. Much of the information is the same for every State. Look here to find your local Federal Court.
check to link to get more information.