Thread: Why would you need a gun at the mall

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Why would you need a gun at the mall

I recommend always shopping with a friend.

http://www.nbc12.com/Clip/12127660/7...tle-beach-mall
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

78 y.o. murdered, robbed of her purse in broad daylight.

Horry County Police say the death is under investigation as a homicide. Davis’s daughters say their mother was killed for her purse. Wells says she left her mom for 15 minutes in the mall parking lot in broad day light. She thought her mom was sleeping in the car when she returned. [ ... ] Wells and Gagne say if it was something like a heart attack they could have handled it, but they say they can’t believe someone murdered their mother for her purse.

http://wbtw.com/2016/01/08/daughters...nity-for-help/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...WRed4X5ReWnDTM

Milady Wife is 77 y. o. and blind to guns. Some of the reason that we left SC is the feeling that Myrtle Beach attracted the wrong kind of people and that it was creeping down on Charleston and Johns Island. There's not much of Ol' Dixie left.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-12-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Police say this is an isolated incident and mall goers should not be concerned about their safety.
    You just can't make this stuff up.....

We both lived in the Charleston metro area from 1970 until we left in 2006, Friday Thirteenth January. The malls changed somehow in the mid-Eighties and became thug playgrounds. I haven't been in a shopping mall for a very long time, and that in Sturgeon Bay was deserted.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Police say this is an isolated incident and mall goers should not be concerned about their safety.

hummmm...didn't the Knoxville police say those exact words in the past?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Horry County Police say the death is under investigation as a homicide. Davisís daughters say their mother was killed for her purse. Wells says she left her mom for 15 minutes in the mall parking lot in broad day light. She thought her mom was sleeping in the car when she returned. [ ... ] Wells and Gagne say if it was something like a heart attack they could have handled it, but they say they canít believe someone murdered their mother for her purse.

http://wbtw.com/2016/01/08/daughters...nity-for-help/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...WRed4X5ReWnDTM

Milady Wife is 77 y. o. and blind to guns. Some of the reason that we left SC is the feeling that Myrtle Beach attracted the wrong kind of people and that it was creeping down on Charleston and Johns Island. There's not much of Ol' Dixie left.
    I'll get no closer to Myrtle Beach than Murrells Inlet. Charleston is OK, but...got family down there so I sorta have got to go to Charleston.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Several lifetimes ago, we spent 2-3 weeks each summer in Myrtle Beach. Loved it then, but doubt that the magic could be recaptured.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Several lifetimes ago, we spent 2-3 weeks each summer in Myrtle Beach. Loved it then, but doubt that the magic could be recaptured.
    The same with my family all the way through my middle teens (middle sixties). Then migrated to Murrells Inlet. My parents continued through the the year 2000. Every time they got home I questioned why they would keep going back.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The same with my family all the way through my middle teens (middle sixties). Then migrated to Murrells Inlet. My parents continued through the the year 2000. Every time they got home I questioned why they would keep going back.

atlantic beach NC...quaint and pleasant...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    <snip>There's not much of Ol' Dixie left.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbs1qxRz4Y

Dixie? Its pretty much gone. Its hard to say why she was not carrying at this point but one should not be murdered in any event.