Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Robber shot dead - family argues he was shot too many times

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vienna, VA
    Posts
    56

    Robber shot dead - family argues he was shot too many times

    The family of a Chicago man gunned down during a robbery attempt are calling for his shooter, a concealed weapon permit-holder, to be prosecuted for the shooting. The Washington Post is helping to further that effort, suggesting the failed robbery could even be a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong.

    Police say Saturday night Reginald Gildersleeve walked into the small bodega Agencia Mexicana while wearing a mask and announced a holdup, whipping out what appeared to be gun. Moments later he was gunned down by an unnamed patron. It was later discovered that Gildersleeve’s gun was a paintball gun. (RELATED: Chicago Man With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots And Kills Armed Robber)

    Chicago police are treating the case as rather open-and-shut. Even if Gildersleeve wasn’t carrying a real gun, he was brandishing like it was, and the shooter acted accordingly.

    But now, Gildersleeve’s family is calling for charges to be levied, saying that the habitual criminal didn’t deserve to die. Igbinosa Oronsaye, Gildersleeve’s stepson, told The Chicago Tribune the shooter overreacted in shooting multiple times.


    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/02/ar...#ixzz3xDxVhM3b


    Miller then says the robbery was all one big misunderstanding, because Gildersleeve was reportedly a former employee of Agencia Mexicana and knew the owner.

    “Was the shooting a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong?” he asks.

    Miller’s article also opens with a 2011 picture taken from Gildersleeve’s Facebook, showing him standing with his wife and holding a Bible. He describes Gildersleeve trying to “turn his life around,” based mostly on his marriage and his posting of family photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook. He even describes Gildersleeve as being “gunned down” during the robbery by a “concealed-weapon-toting customer,” although the phrased “gunned down” is typically used for those shot while doing nothing wrong.

    “Some people don’t actually know how to use guns,” Oronsaye said. “They go to firing ranges, but it’s not the same as a bullet going into someone’s body, it’s not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn’t deserve to get shot multiple times.”

    Oronsaye also said the shooter needed to be punished for killing a member of the community.

    “You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody’s got to answer for that,” he said.

    The family’s argument is being pushed along by The Washington Post, where writer Michael Miller says the shooting is “raising questions.” Miller wrote up Gildersleeve’s death Monday morning in a manner that seems intended to frame Gildersleeve in the best possible light. Miller, for instance, describes the shooting as “mysterious” because it “occurred on Halloween and involved a man in a mask with a fake gun,” although robberies with fake guns happen all the time.


    http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/02/ar...o-many-times/\
    Last edited by BillHoo; 01-14-2016 at 08:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601
    Quote Originally Posted by BillHoo View Post
    The family of a Chicago man gunned down during a robbery attempt are calling for his shooter, a concealed weapon permit-holder, to be prosecuted for the shooting. The Washington Post is helping to further that effort, suggesting the failed robbery could even be a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong.

    Police say Saturday night Reginald Gildersleeve walked into the small bodega Agencia Mexicana while wearing a mask and announced a holdup, whipping out what appeared to be gun. Moments later he was gunned down by an unnamed patron. It was later discovered that Gildersleeve’s gun was a paintball gun. (RELATED: Chicago Man With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots And Kills Armed Robber)

    Chicago police are treating the case as rather open-and-shut. Even if Gildersleeve wasn’t carrying a real gun, he was brandishing like it was, and the shooter acted accordingly.

    But now, Gildersleeve’s family is calling for charges to be levied, saying that the habitual criminal didn’t deserve to die. Igbinosa Oronsaye, Gildersleeve’s stepson, told The Chicago Tribune the shooter overreacted in shooting multiple times.


    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/02/ar...#ixzz3xDxVhM3b


    Miller then says the robbery was all one big misunderstanding, because Gildersleeve was reportedly a former employee of Agencia Mexicana and knew the owner.

    “Was the shooting a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong?” he asks.

    Miller’s article also opens with a 2011 picture taken from Gildersleeve’s Facebook, showing him standing with his wife and holding a Bible. He describes Gildersleeve trying to “turn his life around,” based mostly on his marriage and his posting of family photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook. He even describes Gildersleeve as being “gunned down” during the robbery by a “concealed-weapon-toting customer,” although the phrased “gunned down” is typically used for those shot while doing nothing wrong.

    “Some people don’t actually know how to use guns,” Oronsaye said. “They go to firing ranges, but it’s not the same as a bullet going into someone’s body, it’s not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn’t deserve to get shot multiple times.”

    Oronsaye also said the shooter needed to be punished for killing a member of the community.

    “You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody’s got to answer for that,” he said.

    The family’s argument is being pushed along by The Washington Post, where writer Michael Miller says the shooting is “raising questions.” Miller wrote up Gildersleeve’s death Monday morning in a manner that seems intended to frame Gildersleeve in the best possible light. Miller, for instance, describes the shooting as “mysterious” because it “occurred on Halloween and involved a man in a mask with a fake gun,” although robberies with fake guns happen all the time.


    http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/02/ar...o-many-times/\
    He was wounded first. That stopped him.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    I'd delete me facebook account before being an idiot in the news.

    https://www.facebook.com/igbinosa.oronsaye/about

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by BillHoo View Post
    ... Somebody’s got to answer for that,...
    Uh, yeah, he did, ... posthumously.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Isn't killing an intruder really good wounding?

    Next.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Yaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Salinas, California
    Posts
    95
    You can't change stupid

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Regular Member DeSchaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    604
    The unnamed patron should retain a lawyer and sue for defamation, libel, whatever.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

  8. #8
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Makes you wonder about the world.


    https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/unarm...?ref=bookmarks

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 01-17-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  9. #9
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613
    This just shows that thugs are not used to victims fighting back in Chicago. They expect their victims to just hand over the goods.

    I wonder what these thugs that are getting shot are thinking when their victims decide to start shooting them? I'm sure it is quite upsetting.

    The surviving family members are just as surprised as they are used to their thug relatives committing their crimes, getting arrested, getting released, and then doing it again and again.

    Now it is a shock when those thugs do not come home from "work".

    Isn't it sad when you can't find good victims anymore?

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    For new readers, the arguments can be reduced to a few points:

    Basic human right to self.

    Basic human right to defend self.

    Once lethal force is justified, enough repetitions of lethal force are justified until the threat is no longer a threat.

    In this day and age, the level and kind of force that will stop a right-now threat just happens to also often be lethal to the assailant. It is a technological point. Perhaps one day phasers set on stun will be sufficient. That is not the situation today. Today, the amount and kind of force that will shut down right now! a threat of deadly force or grave bodily injury happens to also be potentially lethal to the assailant.

    Shooting moving legs and arms with certainty of a hit is beyond the ability of even competition shooters. This is why even cops are trained to shoot to center of mass. If cops--the professionals--are trained to shoot center-of-mass, demanding a citizen try to stop a deadly threat by "winging him" is absurd.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726

    You buy your ticket and take your chances!!!!

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,601
    BGs are realizing that their ticket could be punched - not so appealing for them.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    The unnamed patron should retain a lawyer and sue for defamation, libel, whatever.
    Libel is covered under defamation ...

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Washington, NC
    Posts
    34
    Has anyone went and facebooked Igbinosa Oronsaye? Thats the nephew to the dead guy. The one crying. He has THUG all over his FB and I wonder why anyone would have interviewed such a character.

  15. #15
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by 1j9l9f0 View Post
    Has anyone went and facebooked Igbinosa Oronsaye? Thats the nephew to the dead guy. The one crying. He has THUG all over his FB and I wonder why anyone would have interviewed such a character.
    https://www.facebook.com/igbinosa.oronsaye?fref=ts
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Sorry, this content isn't available right now.
    ??????

  17. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    greetings I joined this forum for a simple reason

    after clicking on a link in this thread a MAJOR flaw in facebook "security" was made apparent to me and I have sent a PM to the person in question detailing the incident

    at this time I will simply say I would never post a link from facebook on a forum from a mobile device ever again

    I will leave it up to that forum member if they would like me to further detail what happened after they have the chance to fix the situation on their end

    but suffice it to say facebook is a nothing but an invasion of your personal privacy and a major risk to personal security and safety and using it from a mobile device is even worse and it appears posting a link from a mobile device is now worse in terms of "security"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •