Thread: Court rejects self defense in bull shot case.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Court rejects self defense in bull shot case.

But Rusk County farmer [Judge] John Weinel described the animal as "mean and nasty and stealthy and not be trusted," a marauding menace who broke through his fence once too often in August 2013. During that confrontation ... the bull charged him and Weinel ran to his pickup truck, where the bull stopped about three feet short, "swinging his horns and huffing and puffing."

Weinel then shot Vindicator out the window 14 times with a .45 caliber handgun.

The bull's owner sued. Weinel argued he acted in self defense.
    [ ... ]
    Circuit Judge Steven P. Anderson ... " He got into his truck, whether the bull continued to charge or not; he was protected by his truck from harm from the bull. So the act of shooting the bull, 14 times I think ...[,] was unnecessary.."
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

White Oak Plantation
    That ruling, both of them is a whole lotta bull...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

earth's crust
    Must have been a white bull ... go figure.