Thread: Lobby Day, Jan 18th, is fast approaching

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Lobby Day, Jan 18th, is fast approaching

Plans have been made, team leaders arranged, buses chartered, Bell Tower reserved, and lists double checked twice.

It will be an action filled time with plenty to write home about. People are up in arms angry about the underhanded tricks of our governor and attorney general - we need to show them we are united and dedicated to our cause.

I fully expect this will be one of our largest and most successful Lobby Days.

Be there - stand up and be counted.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-18-2016 at 07:16 PM. Reason: remove exclamation mark from title
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Dale I can't make it this year due to Medical. Give em hell for me. Last chemo done, see surgeon Wednesday the 20th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Dale I can't make it this year due to Medical. Give em hell for me. Last chemo done, see surgeon Wednesday the 20th.
    We'll miss you. Hang tough and do what you must. Best wishes.

Have enough grit in my craw to share - consider it done.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I'll be there with the Wifely One. But you can keep the grit...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    --snipped--
    Have enough grit in my craw to share ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    I'll be there with the Wifely One. But you can keep the grit...
    Perhaps would have been better to have said "gravel in my craw" - that is universally accepted these days.

Founder's Club Member
    Looking forward to seeing you there! This year we'll be along with newly minted Baby Melvin. We may not spend too much time outside as a result, but we'll happily participate indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you there! This year we'll be along with newly minted Baby Melvin. We may not spend too much time outside as a result, but we'll happily participate indoors.
    Congratulations - the cycle begins renewed.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Congratulations - the cycle begins renewed.
    I learned it from dad and mom, so I hope to help yet another generation the importance of being involved in society and government.

Lingamfelter's Bill to Amend the Brandishing Statute

Y'all know I've been bitchin' and moanin' about the brandishing statute for some time. You may remember Skidmark's "finger brandishing" case, and Scouser's ongoing inadvertant display case.
    ( http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...lowing-the-law)

I've been talking to Scott Lingamfelter for years about the problem. He didn't do anything in the past because the people who advise the Courts & Justice committee told him "that can't happen". The problem is that if there's an inadvertent display of a firearm (or openly carried firearm, as in Skidmark's case) and some jerk calls the cops and says, "I felt fear.", then that's a prima facie case and can be prosecuted as brandishing under current law.

What Lingamfelter's bill does is make it clear that brandishing is a "specific intent" offense - it adds language to the statute that requires that the gun be "pointed held or brandished" for the specific purpose of intimidating or threatening another person, in a way that would reasonably make that person fear for his safety. So please, please, tell the legislators to support Lingamfelter's brandishing statute amendment.

And my personal thanks to Scott Lingamfelter for keeping this going. If you see him, tell him I said so. (I can't go.)
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Banned
    Isn't the 18th MLK day, is that a holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Isn't the 18th MLK day, is that a holiday?
    Yes it is.

Would it be too much if I had a sign made up that says "Fire Flaherty" or "McAuliffe + Herring = terrorist-enablers?"
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    Would it be too much if I had a sign made up that says "Fire Flaherty" or "McAuliffe + Herring = terrorist-enablers?"

You know you cannot carry signs on sticks, right? It would have to be taped, or draped, or held somehow.

My personal belief is that it's better to stick to issues than personalities - particularly knowing that "firing" (or impeachment) ain't gonna happen. But I'd never tell someone else what to do.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein