• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day, Jan 18th, is fast approaching

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Plans have been made, team leaders arranged, buses chartered, Bell Tower reserved, and lists double checked twice.

It will be an action filled time with plenty to write home about. People are up in arms angry about the underhanded tricks of our governor and attorney general - we need to show them we are united and dedicated to our cause.

I fully expect this will be one of our largest and most successful Lobby Days.

Be there - stand up and be counted.

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Dale I can't make it this year due to Medical. Give em hell for me. Last chemo done, see surgeon Wednesday the 20th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dale I can't make it this year due to Medical. Give em hell for me. Last chemo done, see surgeon Wednesday the 20th.
We'll miss you. Hang tough and do what you must. Best wishes.

Have enough grit in my craw to share - consider it done.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Looking forward to seeing you there! This year we'll be along with newly minted Baby Melvin. We may not spend too much time outside as a result, but we'll happily participate indoors.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looking forward to seeing you there! This year we'll be along with newly minted Baby Melvin. We may not spend too much time outside as a result, but we'll happily participate indoors.
Congratulations - the cycle begins renewed.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Lingamfelter's Bill to Amend the Brandishing Statute

Y'all know I've been bitchin' and moanin' about the brandishing statute for some time. You may remember Skidmark's "finger brandishing" case, and Scouser's ongoing inadvertant display case.
( http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?113853-The-Tale-of-Henrico-Chapter-2-in-a-Ferry-Tale-Arrested-for-following-the-law)

I've been talking to Scott Lingamfelter for years about the problem. He didn't do anything in the past because the people who advise the Courts & Justice committee told him "that can't happen". The problem is that if there's an inadvertent display of a firearm (or openly carried firearm, as in Skidmark's case) and some jerk calls the cops and says, "I felt fear.", then that's a prima facie case and can be prosecuted as brandishing under current law.

What Lingamfelter's bill does is make it clear that brandishing is a "specific intent" offense - it adds language to the statute that requires that the gun be "pointed held or brandished" for the specific purpose of intimidating or threatening another person, in a way that would reasonably make that person fear for his safety. So please, please, tell the legislators to support Lingamfelter's brandishing statute amendment.

And my personal thanks to Scott Lingamfelter for keeping this going. If you see him, tell him I said so. (I can't go.)

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Would it be too much if I had a sign made up that says "Fire Flaherty" or "McAuliffe + Herring = terrorist-enablers?"

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Would it be too much if I had a sign made up that says "Fire Flaherty" or "McAuliffe + Herring = terrorist-enablers?"

You know you cannot carry signs on sticks, right? It would have to be taped, or draped, or held somehow.

My personal belief is that it's better to stick to issues than personalities - particularly knowing that "firing" (or impeachment) ain't gonna happen. But I'd never tell someone else what to do.