• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone on the forum is a Green Bay Slackers fan !

davidmcbeth

Banned
c24aa8979b2d183a8e8123b6127a5b73.600x.jpg
And is not happy with threads that are anti-green bay. Its the only time when being an anti is sanctified by God.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
As soon as my Seahawks take care of the Panthers today, I can rest easy knowing we'll be playing in Phoenix next, instead of having to go to Green Bay. Has a wild card ever hosted the conference championship before, meaning the two wild cards both advanced that far to meet each other? Green Bay was WC#5 to Seattle WC#6 this year.

davidmcbeth

Banned
As soon as my Seahawks take care of the Panthers today, I can rest easy knowing we'll be playing in Phoenix next, instead of having to go to Green Bay. Has a wild card ever hosted the conference championship before, meaning the two wild cards both advanced that far to meet each other? Green Bay was WC#5 to Seattle WC#6 this year.

I don't like the Panthers but I think that they will win ... The Hawks' offense is not what it was last year. It would not be disappointing if the Hawks win to me.

The big ? of today's game is which Manning will show up .. Dr. Pick or Mr. Wonderful. I'm picking Denver on that one.

I picked the Cards and the Pats yesterday ... looking for a clean sweep today.

being a Bears fan (its silly..they don't care one bit about me...I get nothing if they win or lose) I found the postings by Pack fans to be amusing (coingate, OT rules need to change, refs were against us, etc).

Wildcard team questions? see:
http://www.profootballhof.com/news/history-of-the-wild-card/

Last edited:

solus

i'm sorry say what?

you might be experiencing your first disappointment in your entire life...

kickoff in six minutes

ipse

added: it is going to be a VERY long game for seattle...14 points scored in first 2 minutes or so?

added: 3 minutes into second quarter...24 to zip...

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, poop.

I wouldn't say our offense isn't as good this year, just that it's different. We lost our star running back and his rookie replacement. But Wilson turned into a pocket passer that defied all expectations. He set NFL records.

But so did Newton.

In the end, it was a great, albeit lopsided game. We dominated the second half, but not as much as they dominated the first half, both in shutouts. Weird. Take away any one of Carolina's early TD's off our mistakes, and it'd have been even at the end. That would have been cool.

This isn't nearly the kick-in-the-nuts of the last Superbowl. I wasn't expecting to win at the last second. I spent most of the game preparing for it, even though I knew we still had a chance and that, either way, it wouldn't be as ugly as the first 3 minutes indicated.

Going to the Divisional Round of the playoffs for a fourth straight year is not a disappointment. I've been a Seattle fan my entire life, so I know disappointment.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... I found the postings by Pack fans to be amusing (coingate, OT rules need to change...

That ref got LUCKY that it didn't affect who won the toss. How do you NOT flip it when you have one friggin' job to do?

As for OT rules, I completely agree. Seattle won our NFC Champ last year on a one possession OT, also. Fans deserve an OT that gives both teams the ball; no matter what the first team does. I agree that a defensive score is still a sudden game-ender, though.

solus

Well, poop.

I wouldn't say our offense isn't as good this year, just that it's different. We lost our star running back and his rookie replacement. But Wilson turned into a pocket passer that defied all expectations. He set NFL records.

But so did Newton.

In the end, it was a great, albeit lopsided game. We dominated the second half, but not as much as they dominated the first half, both in shutouts. Weird. Take away any one of Carolina's early TD's off our mistakes, and it'd have been even at the end. That would have been cool.

This isn't nearly the kick-in-the-nuts of the last Superbowl. I wasn't expecting to win at the last second. I spent most of the game preparing for it, even though I knew we still had a chance and that, either way, it wouldn't be as ugly as the first 3 minutes indicated.

Going to the Divisional Round of the playoffs for a fourth straight year is not a disappointment. I've been a Seattle fan my entire life, so I know disappointment.

kinda like saying take away one of the bombs we dropped on japan it might...

winning at the last second was yesterdays cardinals and packers whose hail mary was just that to end up losing in overtime ~ now that was a really strange game throughout.

ipse

Yaki

How bout them Seahawks hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
That ref got LUCKY that it didn't affect who won the toss. How do you NOT flip it when you have one friggin' job to do?

As for OT rules, I completely agree. Seattle won our NFC Champ last year on a one possession OT, also. Fans deserve an OT that gives both teams the ball; no matter what the first team does. I agree that a defensive score is still a sudden game-ender, though.

Its the change of the rules from original (first score wins) that caused issues --- now I want to go back to original rules or just leave it as it is. Currently its the stupid Brett Farve OT rules 'cause he was crybaby.

No, you should not have a right to the ball if your defense allows a TD ... why? cause your defense just allowed a TD, that's why.

Fans deserve the old fashion, original 1st one who scores wins rule. The pros are not college. This was the fairest process.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...No, you should not have a right to the ball if your defense allows a TD ... why? cause your defense just allowed a TD, that's why.

Fans deserve the old fashion, original 1st one who scores wins rule. The pros are not college. This was the fairest process.

Some teams are defensive juggernauts, some teams are offensive juggernauts. Some teams are balanced. Either way, it all balances out during a game. Not so in overtime. There is a reason everyone always wants the ball first on OT, and the one that does has a statistical history of an advantage.

Maybe now that it affected the Packers again, the NFL will change it again.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Some teams are defensive juggernauts, some teams are offensive juggernauts. Some teams are balanced. Either way, it all balances out during a game. Not so in overtime. There is a reason everyone always wants the ball first on OT, and the one that does has a statistical history of an advantage.

Maybe now that it affected the Packers again, the NFL will change it again.

Well last time was Minnesota (Farve) but your likely right .... why not give GB a best out of 7 coin flip calls too.

Now I know what "discount double check" actually means: "don't forget to call heads, dummy" .. that's why that guy is always saying it to him.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well last time was Minnesota (Farve) ...

I was actually thinking of last year's NFC Championship game, when the Seahawks rallied to comeback and lead, the Packer's rallied and tied, and then we scored a TD on the opening drive of OT.

So that's two consecutive years of the Packers losing the playoffs to a first-drive OT by the other team. I guarantee the NFL will do something about that.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They got plucked, plucked reeeel good. Game was not even close after 1st half.

Unless you watched the fourth quarter. In the end, Seahawks lost by a touchdown.

Seahawks were losing last year's NFC title game 16-0 at the half. Wilson had a 0 passer rating. We were dominated. We won that game.

There is a reason games are 60 play minutes long. Doesn't matter how much you dominate the first half. Cam Newton admitted their butts were puckered in the fourth quarter.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Unless you watched the fourth quarter. In the end, Seahawks lost by a touchdown.

Seahawks were losing last year's NFC title game 16-0 at the half. Wilson had a 0 passer rating. We were dominated. We won that game.
<snip>.

31-0 v. 16-0 ... 2+ score difference. You cannot try to run out the clock at halftime with only a 16pt lead (even at end of 3rd qtr IMO)

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was actually thinking of last year's NFC Championship game, when the Seahawks rallied to comeback and lead, the Packer's rallied and tied, and then we scored a TD on the opening drive of OT.

So that's two consecutive years of the Packers losing the playoffs to a first-drive OT by the other team. I guarantee the NFL will do something about that.

I like the Hawks .. they spanked the Pack that day ...

Remember when the Pack had a good defense? Pepperidge Farms remembers.