• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UT campus carry task force urges schools to ban guns in as many places as possible

nonameisgood

texas university (we refuse to call it The University) has been a liberal outcropping in a liberal (or maybe more justly, libertarian) city. Imported professors and t.u.-educated professors who want to emulate the east coast ivy leaguers of their dreams. The goal seems to be to create soft, academic elites rather than well-educated bootstrappers who can be smart and tough. (Texans have long thought of t-sips - the spawn of t.u. - as smart but too liberal to be useful.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonameisgood

I think the issue of not having a round chambered will be litigated soon. Nothing like going unarmed to a gun fight. And the danger increases exponentially when requiring people to manipulate a weapon for no purpose. Like the guy who shot himself thru the wrist while trying to I chamber a round when storing his gun in the car between bars. (You could see thru his wrist after it happened)

HPmatt

TXOC16

Gosh, if only we could pass sufficient laws in order to make murder, assault, and the shooting of innocents illegal, we could finally be rid of such heinous crimes altogether!

Just one more "gun-free" zone should do it.

solus

Came across this guy's story. You have to read through the whole article till you get to the punch line...
Does he sound like an American, or what...
None of us are safe. The challenge for us and for our students is how to dwell in that awareness and still be courageous enough to live and learn unarmed, both literally and figuratively.​
https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2016/06/06/professor-struggles-cope-after-campus-shooting-essay

glad you enjoyed HER article written quote... while on sabbatical at the University of the Free State, South Africa. unquote.

i am glad her three years in psychotherapy were put to good use, tho not sure i would like to have her providing lessons to those i hold near and dear.

finally, i am appreciative the shooting she references gave meaning to her life as she can put her English composition writing skills to good use being an anti as she writes about an two year olde quote New River Community College shot two people at the college's branch located in a shopping mall about 20 miles away from the main campus. unquote directing her concern towards KS university carry legislation from her community college in VA, oh sorry forgot she is on sabbatical in Bloemfontein, SA.

ipse

HPmatt

glad you enjoyed HER article written quote... while on sabbatical at the University of the Free State, South Africa. unquote.

You can't be too certain these days - Megan is probably his preferred gender-name.

HPmatt

Boo Hoo time at the Tower....

Looks like the Legislature still controls the University of Texas - this is comforting...
Offended profs that want to work in a GFZ can always transfer to University of Chicago, or Unibersity of Detroit....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/8570/federal-judge-rules-against-ut-professors-who-hank-berrien

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral
López, who is vice president and co-founder of Students Against Campus Carry, has been storing about 160 of the sex toys in plain cardboard boxes in her family’s garage. She has versions in a rainbow of colors — including yellow, green and red — as well as some supersized phalluses of a ceramic material whose donor fashioned them for a project on “toxic masculinity” at the University of Tulsa in the 1980s.
“I want this movement to be taken seriously,” Lopez said. “It’s hard for the props not to overshadow the message. The Texas Legislature is trying to normalize gun culture. We’re trying to normalize sex culture. This is something that is completely harmless and represents part of the male anatomy.”

The activists’ slogan, “#CocksNotGlocks,” riffs on a popular brand of handgun. The activists’ Facebook page includes this observation: “Just about as effective at protecting us from sociopathic shooters, but much safer for recreational play.”

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/201...-block-campus-carry-days-before-classes-begin

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
HPmatt said:
... The activists’ Facebook page includes this observation: “Just about as effective at protecting us ... , but much safer for recreational play.”

I wonder how many rape victims have joined their group...

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

These are learned man and woman. So their argument is that a Constitutional right violates the Constitution.

Parents should be demanding a tuition refund..

Learned man and woman, NOT

Regards
CCJ

HPmatt

These two girls are not educated - one is a Liberal Arts major and the other is a graduated Music major. They obviously are snowflakes carrying dildos.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These two girls are not educated - one is a Liberal Arts major and the other is a graduated Music major. They obviously are snowflakes carrying dildos.

NIB w/papers. Never fired. Holster not included. No returns or exchanges.

Do not expound further on this subject, please.

Last edited: