• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which wisconsin sheriffs are calling for RKBA

Law abider

We have been hearing from our famous sheriff Clark from Milwaukee county urging citizens to be armed. My sheriff, sheriff Hove of Pierce county has kept silent about this issue and has not attended any of the meetings regarding 2A. I met her at the DARE brat stand last summer. I was OCing. She did not say a peep. I am sure she maybe tolerating me because her grandpa was the butcher for my uncle in law's store and knows the family well. How about your county sheriff? Are they calling for citizens to bear arms?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name:homepage/story

Last edited by a moderator:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

The 64th Sheriff of Milwaukee County,

having assumed office in March 2002.
That is funny.......

BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY - SIXTH EDITION
Assume. To pretend. To undertake; engage; promise. To take to or upon one's self. Also taking up, receiving, adopting, taking to oneself, or to put on deceitfully, take appearance of, affect, or outwardly seem. To take on, become bound as another is bound, or put oneself in place of another as to an obligation or liability. Texas Employers' Ins. Ass'n v. Texas & P. Ry. Co., Tex.Civ. App., 129 S.W.2d 746, 749.
To pretend - to take on one's self. I hope not deceitfully.....

Franky

We have been hearing from our famous sheriff Clark from Milwaukee county urging citizens to be armed. My sheriff, sheriff Hove of Pierce county has kept silent about this issue and has not attended any of the meetings regarding 2A. I met her at the DARE brat stand last summer. I was OCing. She did not say a peep. I am sure she maybe tolerating me because her grandpa was the butcher for my uncle in law's store and knows the family well. How about your county sheriff? Are they calling for citizens to bear arms?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name:homepage/story

Not sure sheriff David Clarke can be construed as famous unless he is the guy who owns Famous Dave's BBQ joints.

OC for ME

Has any 2A supporting Sheriff (or Top Cop) ordered his minions to not enforce blatantly unconstitutional anti-gun laws that are currently enforced on law abiding, peaceably exercising, citizens?

...I'll wait...

Have Gun - Will Carry

Not sure sheriff David Clarke can be construed as famous unless he is the guy who owns Famous Dave's BBQ joints.

Fame has nothing to do with barbeque... At first his public proclamations only got traction within Wisconsin, but as the MSM heated up their smear campaign against him and broadcast their smug condescension nationwide, more and more folks became aware of him. Both on this forum and outside it, people from around the country have heard and taken note of his words (and loved or hated them...)

Sounds like fame to me.

OC for ME

Fame has nothing to do with barbeque... At first his public proclamations only got traction within Wisconsin, but as the MSM heated up their smear campaign against him and broadcast their smug condescension nationwide, more and more folks became aware of him. Both on this forum and outside it, people from around the country have heard and taken note of his words (and loved or hated them...)

Sounds like fame to me.
Can't disagree other than bbq, good bbq, has everything to do with gaining fame...granted, I'm sorta biased being from South Carolina.

Franky

Sounds like fame to me.

According to Wikipedia sheriff Clarke frequently appears at public events wearing a cowboy hat and riding a horse. A possibility that could be construed as fame by some Wisconsin residents.

Have Gun - Will Carry

According to Wikipedia sheriff Clarke frequently appears at public events wearing a cowboy hat and riding a horse. A possibility that could be construed as fame by some Wisconsin residents.

Maybe you are attempting to construe that as fame... I'm certainly not.

Or were you deliberately misquoting me? I hope not - that's a violation of forum rules, you know.

OC for ME

Closer to home, Melvin's on Folly Rd. just north of the JI Expy. Same sauce and I need not go anywhere near The Land of Pine Trees and Pavement.

Anyway, calling for the citizenry to bear arms is meaningless if these sheriffs will enforce unconstitutional anti-gun laws. Are sheriffs in WI elected?

OC for ME

Yes. Sheriffs are elected.

Melvin's is not Maurice's. Melvin's is unsure of what they want to be, BBQ, sports bar, fast food.

I'm sorry that we never met while we were there. I remember Rasts' BBQ fondly.
Melvin's and Maurice's are one in the same, the sauce anyway. A sibling falling out back in the day.

Melvin was not too into his restaurant business and certainly did not hold his brother's political views. He used to have one restaurant on the south end of Savannah Hwy as well, the one I frequented. BTW, used to be Melvin's Piggy Park...no coincident there...no?

Note the absence of any reference to the brother's eatery, or even the brother on their respective websites. This feud goes way back and is well known to South Carolinians.

OC for ME

Lloyd Maurice Bessinger, Sr. (July 14, 1930 – February 22, 2014) is Bessinger pere, and brother to Joe. Melvin is son as I recall and there may be other family hangers on. Maurice made the sauce. Maurice died just a couple of years ago.

Maurice died a Southeron patriot.
http://www.thecarpetbagger.org/2013/01/the-south-carolina-bbq-food-family.html

Skip the comments.

Anyway, where were "these" sheriffs five, 10, 20 years ago? Why now? They all continue to enforce unconstitutional anti-gun laws currently on the book. They will not arrest subordinate LEA cops when they enforce these laws, and they will not arrest the subordinate LEOs after new laws are enacted. All bluster for politicians with a gun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/89th_United_States_Congress
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90th_United_States_Congress

What good is buying a gun when one of his minions, or a local cop shop minion will hassle you for carrying that gun.