Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lobby Day 2016

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Lobby Day 2016

VCDL's Lobby Day (1/18/2016) agenda was an unparalleled, unmitigated fantastic, overwhelming success!

Official estimates (no cite) tabulated approximately 1,000 people, with perhaps as many as twelve hundred defenders of the RKBA.

A sea of orange GSL stickers everywhere - looked like the Orange Bowl at halftime.

A lot of planning, preparation, and delivery paid off in a BIG way. Special thanks to all (many hands) involved. The result was that the boots on the ground (you) carried the ball in such formidable fashion.

This ol' man's emotions were on high alert and my heart swelled with pride. I am reminded of several fitting phrases: Where do we find such people?, This merry Band of Brothers, None so fair as can compare, Stand up and be counted.

Bottom line - I salute you......you did it!

Give your impressions, post your pictures & videos. Celebrate.

BTW - the anti group (Mad Moms) that followed us at the Bell Tower were said to have had about a dozen people total. Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-24-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: removed exclamation mark
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

This is what it is about: meeting with our representatives.
    https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/dri...478F66E%40Home
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0942 copy.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	12929

Name:	IMG_0943 copy.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	12930

Name:	IMG_0946 copy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	12931

Name:	IMG_0949 copy.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	12932

Name:	IMG_0966 copy.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	12933

Name:	IMG_0972 copy.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	12939

Name:	IMG_0973 copy.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	12940

these next 3 were actually taken by Logan using the camera he's carrying in the previous photo

Name:	IMG_0004 copy.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	12941

Name:	IMG_0014 copy.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	12942

Name:	IMG_0015 copy.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	12943
    Last edited by scouser; 01-18-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

The Governor was wearing a "Background checks save lives" sticker. They also had on hand the dad of Allison Parker whose murderer passed a background check.

From the Times Dispatch, '“We have not changed our tune one iota. And we are just warming up,” McAuliffe said while encouraging the crowd to lobby their state legislators. “It is our goal to make Virginia the safest state in the United States of America, and we are not going to let them stop us.”'

I'm sorry to hear him say this because he should have changed his tune after he angered so many people he claims to serve.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    This is what it is about: meeting with our representatives.
    https://mail.verizon.com/webmail/dri...478F66E%40Home
    Linky no worky.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Indeed a very large turnout, despite the brutal cold. Saw some students down the street gather to demand free higher education. Good Lord, whatever happened to personal responsibility.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Linkys seem to come and go from facebook - sorry.

Heres one shot of the rally:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/806322376106823/

We didnt steal the show.

The antigun group had good numbers as well.

We had a good turnout, but we need to get bigger and better every year.

Sorry I couldn't be there, but I had to attend a funeral.

Here is the quote from Terry McAwful that worries me the most: "If you can't buy one, you shouldn't have one in the house either," McAuliffe said. "And we're going to come get it and get it of your house."
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    Sorry I couldn't be there, but I had to attend a funeral.

Here is the quote from Terry McAwful that worries me the most: "If you can't buy one, you shouldn't have one in the house either," McAuliffe said. "And we're going to come get it and get it of your house."
    where did you see this? post a link if you can

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    ... McAuliffe said while encouraging the crowd to lobby their state legislators. “It is our goal to make Virginia the safest state in the United States of America, and we are not going to let them stop us.”'...
    I reckon if he has his way, we'll be just as safe as Washington or Prince George's Co., Md.

I think we have to ask the carpetbagger, exactly why does he want to promote criminal violence? How does that fit into his agenda? More money for the law-enforcement and punishment industry? Greater dependence upon The State? Or is he just afraid that black folks will own guns (a recurring problem, as we saw in California when the Black Panther Party began asserting their right to self-defense, and when Ronald Reagan reacted by starting the national trend to gun control)?
    Last edited by user; 01-19-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I reckon if he has his way, we'll be just as safe as Washington or Prince George's Co., Md.

I think we have to ask the carpetbagger, exactly why does he want to promote criminal violence? How does that fit into his agenda? More money for the law-enforcement and punishment industry? Greater dependence upon The State?
    Rhetorical questions?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

is this becoming California?

In addition to calling for background checks at gun shows, McAuliffe has stressed the need to require gun forfeiture in situations of domestic violence, a power that lies with judges and prosecutors.
    “If you can’t buy one, you shouldn’t have one in the house either,” McAuliffe said. “And we’re going to come get it and get it out of your house.”

so.....If I get mad and smack my wife McAullife is going to send the law to my house and not only take my guns but my wifes guns? How is she to protect herself if I get really mad???

Now if I understand correctly if you are found guilty of domestic violence you can no longer purchase a gun from an FFL.
    Now you are not a felon so you can still own a gun though...right?

Quote Originally Posted by VaGunTrader View Post
    In addition to calling for background checks at gun shows, McAuliffe has stressed the need to require gun forfeiture in situations of domestic violence, a power that lies with judges and prosecutors.
    “If you can’t buy one, you shouldn’t have one in the house either,” McAuliffe said. “And we’re going to come get it and get it out of your house.”

so.....If I get mad and smack my wife McAullife is going to send the law to my house and not only take my guns but my wifes guns? How is she to protect herself if I get really mad???
    Appeal to emotion is what McAuliffe is doing. The real question, will the law apply to cops as well? Will this disbar a cop from being issued a company firearm while on the clock?

Of course not…,

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Appeal to emotion is what McAuliffe is doing. The real question, will the law apply to cops as well? Will this disbar a cop from being issued a company firearm while on the clock?
    there are double, triple, quadruple standards as well as the dreaded "double secret probation", "triple dog dare ya'", and vest pocket "agreements" THEY will use so to "entitle" THEM, especially if THEY'RE there to take away OUR firearms!!!

Looking for a FAIR SHAKE? Try next Fall at the Meadow Farm, they'll be there for a week or so, depending on the weather.

SARC/OFF

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Ladies and gents - the OP/subject is Lobby Day and related - preferably with pictures/videos or personal experiences.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-19-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Some excellent photos of Lobby Day 2016:
    http://vcdl.org/Photo-Albums

The Va-Alert dated Jan 19th provides an great synopsis:
    http://www.listbox.com/member/archiv...-9098F010038B/

What's it with all the socking hats and heavy coats you guy's are acting like it cold out.

There's not even snow on the ground and the grass is green.

It was 4 above here yesterday and I was out side with a coat.

But then 4 above seems warm after it has been -20 and below for a few days.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    What's it with all the socking hats and heavy coats you guy's are acting like it cold out.

Downtown Richmond is a wind tunnel of epic proportions = considerable chill factor.

That and we aren't used to it.

Downtown Richmond is a wind tunnel of epic proportions = considerable chill factor.

When we are in AZ I tell the wife if you want to look like a local get the down coat out when it his 60 degrees or below.

What was the temp that day
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

When we are in AZ I tell the wife if you want to look like a local get the down coat out when it his 60 degrees or below.

When I arrived at 6:30 am, it was a nippy 11 degrees. Warmed up slightly as the morning wore on, but not enough to shed any garments.

Well,,,

When I arrived at 6:30 am, it was a nippy 11 degrees. Warmed up slightly as the morning wore on, but not enough to shed any garments.
    these posts remind me of my aviation forums where folks talk about speed but not say knots or stuate miles per hour..

sooo,,, I gotta ask,, are you all talking about feranheight sp or Celsius?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    these posts remind me of my aviation forums where folks talk about speed but not say knots or stuate miles per hour..

sooo,,, I gotta ask,, are you all talking about feranheight sp or Celsius?
    Yes.

This is 'Murica. Where water freezes at 32* and boils at 212*and a temperature of 100* is considered a slight fever.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast