• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day 2016

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What's it with all the socking hats and heavy coats you guy's are acting like it cold out. :lol:

There's not even snow on the ground and the grass is green.

It was 4 above here yesterday and I was out side with a coat. :)

But then 4 above seems warm after it has been -20 and below for a few days. :rolleyes:
Downtown Richmond is a wind tunnel of epic proportions = considerable chill factor.

That and we aren't used to it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When we are in AZ I tell the wife if you want to look like a local get the down coat out when it his 60 degrees or below.

What was the temp that day
When I arrived at 6:30 am, it was a nippy 11 degrees. Warmed up slightly as the morning wore on, but not enough to shed any garments.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

What's it with all the socking hats and heavy coats you guy's are acting like it cold out. :lol:

There's not even snow on the ground and the grass is green.

It was 4 above here yesterday and I was out side with a coat. :)

But then 4 above seems warm after it has been -20 and below for a few days. :rolleyes:

Downtown Richmond is a wind tunnel of epic proportions = considerable chill factor.

That and we aren't used to it.

When we are in AZ I tell the wife if you want to look like a local get the down coat out when it his 60 degrees or below.

What was the temp that day

When I arrived at 6:30 am, it was a nippy 11 degrees. Warmed up slightly as the morning wore on, but not enough to shed any garments.

these posts remind me of my aviation forums where folks talk about speed but not say knots or stuate miles per hour..

sooo,,, I gotta ask,, are you all talking about feranheight sp or Celsius?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
these posts remind me of my aviation forums where folks talk about speed but not say knots or stuate miles per hour..

sooo,,, I gotta ask,, are you all talking about feranheight sp or Celsius?

Yes.

This is 'Murica. Where water freezes at 32* and boils at 212*and a temperature of 100* is considered a slight fever.

stay safe.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Yes.

This is 'Murica. Where water freezes at 32* and boils at 212*and a temperature of 100* is considered a slight fever.

stay safe.

Good answer skid - you bet me to it by a degree or two.

Oh my!
I gotta love you guys,, Direct answers,, to all my questions, every time, and you are always right!

anyhooooo, my new years resolution this year is to go to Oshkosh airventure this summer,,, even if I have
to drive my tiny honda car,,, and if I go that far across Marica I am gonna go farther to Virginia
and come and look you guys up,, I look forward to meeting you two olde pharts!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh my!
I gotta love you guys,, Direct answers,, to all my questions, every time, and you are always right!

anyhooooo, my new years resolution this year is to go to Oshkosh airventure this summer,,, even if I have
to drive my tiny honda car,,, and if I go that far across Marica I am gonna go farther to Virginia
and come and look you guys up,, I look forward to meeting you two olde pharts!
Brought yourself on - we enjoy entertaining and discussing favorite things. If you like BBQ, we'll plan something at Hickory Notch Grill.

BTW - we are more than two olde pharts - have enough to populate an entire city-state.

HPmatt

I concur w Grape's assertions...
Was very nice clogging the arteries at a local diner and a good driving/walking tour of Richmond and the Capitol grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk